ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sub and setup

Meg 300Cup
Getting a clio this month and want to change my Vibe Black Air Sub for a JBL GTO1202D, and also get a new amp but no idea what one at the moment, could also do with help for that.

But my main question is, will the default speakers give enough power so that i dont have to amp them again, cos that was a real pain in the ass in my current car, and dont really want to do it again unless i really have to.

Also is it easy running the RCA's and speaker wires through the clio so that it is not seen? Any pics of your setups?

cheers

Power and RCA wires can go down either side of the car, pull of the plastic trimmings starting from the footwell going all the way to the back seats, and tuck wires under untill you reach the boot. Its really easy peasy.

Stripped yozza'd cup
The interior of the clio is full of gaps, holes and loose bits so hiding wiring is easy.

I would definitely say amping your front door speakers is worthwhile though. I also wouldn't say that the JBL sub is a big enough step up from the Vibe to bother with..... I'd buy a JL audio. JL amps also seem to sell far too cheap on Ebay, so have a look on there.

Meg 300Cup
Which JL amp and sub would you recommend? I always thought the JL subs looked a little weak on the RMS Side, but Im deff not an expert and don't know how much difference this makes with normal listening

Just like a nice gut pounding sometimes lol

Cheers

Breaking 172 NV676
JL's figures are deceptive. They are very good loud subs!

I am torn at the moment between a JL sub and a alpine type r sub. still dont know what I am going to go for.

172cup
I run a twin jl box with 250rms into each sub. Picked the setup up for 200 with a good tune its enough to feel like someones kickin u in the back. Do rate jl stuff cheap with cracking sound.

Ph1 - 172
To be honest unless you are going to be wanting some crazy levels of sound there is no need to go for JL as an upgrade to a Vibe sub. I presume your Vibe black Air was in a prebuilt enclosure? If it was simply designing a more agressive tuned box would probably have transformed your listening experience.

Try looking at the lesser known brands, they dont have the high prices that having JL or Vibe wrote on the side of the box brings but they pound just as hard. Im currently running a Sherfield Audio 12" sub with an Armageddon 150RMS monoblock amp in a box tuned to 38hz. Im not kidding you would not believe how cheap this set up is but it sounds alot better than most set ups you can get for less than £300. The sub is running at half power too!

There are alot of bargains to be had out there, i would definatly suggest looking away from the mainstream as you will be surprised at what is available for almost any budget.