ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New style powerflex bushes (pic)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
In your last picture is the washer in a little bit or is it just balancing? If its in a bit can you not try before putting the wishbone back on, a wee bit grease on the face of the bush and the inside of the bracket. Wedge the washer in and then gently tap it down with a hammer?

not sure if it would work but its an idea.

Cup In bits
Was thinking about doin that mate just didnt want to go bending stuff haha

It looks to just need the slightest tickle with the persuasion stick to work. Aftermarket parts need some persuasion now and again.

If you want to get fancy, use the bolt & nut as a jack to open out the gap every so slightly.

clio 172 phase 2
I have tried with a hammer but it took alot of force to push it in got it half way then thought id end bending somthing so pulled it all out . I got the whole day off 2moro they will be on the car one way or another !

As for measuring the subframe slots there all 46 mm bang on .

Ima find the biggest hammer and hit things :)

Clio 172
I have tried with a hammer but it took alot of force to push it in got it half way then thought id end bending somthing so pulled it all out . I got the whole day off 2moro they will be on the car one way or another !

As for measuring the subframe slots there all 46 mm bang on .

Ima find the biggest hammer and hit things :)

Any luck did you get them sorted?

clio 172 phase 2
Some places do still have the old purple ones yea.

Managed to get one on took some effort though! Ive lost two of the washers somwer so need to order two more :/

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a set of the old ones in the for sale section, was going to fit them but needed quick cash to cover a camera repair job.

Might hold onto them now since there seems to be less problems with them lol