ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New style powerflex bushes (pic)

clio 172 phase 2
For those that didnt know powerflex have released a new improved wishbone bush kit . Instead of purple the bushes a black which is the harder compound from them . Also they told me they require no welding . These in most places are 90+ but theres a company on ebay selling them for £66 posted so a bit of a saving there ! Im only replacing them as mine were badly perished and was refreshing the front end anyways ! Heres a pic

rybuje4y.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Not long i dont think mate ! When i was looking for more info only a small number of posts came up . Will be fitting them this week so il let you know what there like to fit

GSXR + KDX220
Just had a quick look under his items and only the mk1 ones are listed for £66

172 Ph1
I may be wrong but dont all 172/182 use the same bushes?

Yes 172/182 wishbone bushes are the same
388F4032-95FD-4CD3-9A85-B7C99C5B7B71-35488-000022DE1B91755D.jpg

Clio 1.8 16v / Williams 2.0 ltr are diff again

388F4032-95FD-4CD3-9A85-B7C99C5B7B71-35488-000022DE1B91755D.jpg

I looked at the bushes on the eBay link and couldn't see 172/182 listed for £66 Only 1.8/2.0 Williams @ £66 as already said.

Does anyone have the new black bushes fitted to their cars yet ?

GSXR + KDX220
I meant Mk1 as in Valvers and Williams, so no the correct ones arent listed with that seller but I guess O.P. has the right ones judging from the pics!

clio 172 phase 2
Hi mate once im on my laptop il link you ! In the pic they look like the old ones but there actually the new ones

clio 172 phase 2
Hey guys small update with these bushes ! Basically they do not fit some how! They fit into the wishbones fine no problem there. The problem is fitting them back onto the car . They supply you with these washers that go either side of the bush and with these in place there is not enough room for the wishbone to slot into its place on the subframe . Im currently emailing powerflex to see whats the problem i have spoken to another member on here thats had the same problem . Il post a pic of what i mean is wrong

But there two wide with the washers in place fit !

Ive asked powerflex to see if i can not use the washers.

Clio 172
Was looking at getting some of these but think I'll hold back and see if you get a solution from powerflex first.

Hey guys small update with these bushes ! Basically they do not fit some how! They fit into the wishbones fine no problem there. The problem is fitting them back onto the car . They supply you with these washers that go either side of the bush and with these in place there is not enough room for the wishbone to slot into its place on the subframe . Im currently emailing powerflex to see whats the problem i have spoken to another member on here thats had the same problem . Il post a pic of what i mean is wrong

But there two wide with the washers in place fit !

Ive asked powerflex to see if i can not use the washers.

Did you definitely get the right ones as I can only see non mk1 clios for the price you quoted.

clio 172 phase 2
100% right ones says on box also . Everything fits apart from the washers

Powerflex want pics and a few measurements to determine the problem but they have no issues aparantly

Are you guys just buying new ones?

Powerflex have a lifetime warranty so will replace any damaged bushes. I have a revised kit on the way FOC as the purple ones looks ever so slightly oval.

clio 172 phase 2
These are the new black type mate they no longer make the purple ones. There the harder black compound with diffrent cups

clio 172 phase 2
Haha i know what your saying. So far powerflex been really good replied quickly to my emails and are looking into the problem

Hi Dan,
just bought a set myself from the same guy . My kit is exactly the same as yours, i was planning to fit them on thursday, so your post is a big help. Did powerflex say it was ok without the washers?? My car is a 182 cup so would that be any different??
as you said in your post, it states the right model on the box. My kit is black bushes ,same as yours.
Cheers
David

clio 172 phase 2
Hey mate they have told me the washer must be used ! Ive sent them pics today of the problem also a load of measurements so they can try figure it out . I know a few other members on here have the same problem as mine . Il see what they say 2moro mate and let you know !

clio 172 phase 2
Found my problem theres a 1 mm diffrence on each side so powerflex have told me to try and press the rubber bushes further into the metal collar .

clio 172 phase 2
They have told me i need to press the rubber bushes some more ive done this . They were flush all the way in the first place ive emailed them again see what they say

Cup In bits
Looks like you need less than 1mm to fit, why don't you just open the pick up out with bar/hammer, its only pressed sheet metal. The bolt will pull it back in when fitted.