ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New stuff?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The misses will be pleased, she dislikes the sound of the mouse scraping on the bedside table when I'm trying to get stuff to play on 4OD.

Purchase coming up this weekend me thinks.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I potentially see the click bring done via the feet as being a slight issue if you're not using it on a desk, i.e on a soft surface, I will reserve judgement until I've played with one properly though.

I know it supports the pseudo click like all mac trackpads, but I always turn that off as it always seems to click when I don't want it to.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh wow, older macbooks got kinetic/momentum scrolling like the iphone.

Neat.

Last edited:
  A silver one
I sat with a lad at work this morning while he ordered one of these along with his new 2010 iMac!

He's specced it up 2 a ridiculous level. Total cost came to just over £2300, but he got it for £2183 because of our work discount.

A silver one
Hasn't the top imac been downgraded :S

No idea?

He went for the;

2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive
Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad
Apple Remote

Came to £2,323, but he got it for £2,183.

Rav4
I bet he going to be using it for documents & emails :)

Someone at work just bout a similar spec imac and all he uses is google and citrix, would not listen to me.

:)

No idea?

He went for the;

2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive
Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad
Apple Remote

Came to £2,323, but he got it for £2,183.

LY 182
f**king sweet spec. Who cares if it's not even used that much? I'd buy an iMac just to look at that sexy monitor!

I've my Magic TrackPad. Not 100% sure I'm going to keep it. It's good. I just prefer using a mouse on a big screen..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Picked up a magic trackpad in regent street yesterday and my initial reservations over the clicking were gone. Although the physical click requires it to be on a solid surface, the "soft click" works very well, much better than the first time I tried it a long time ago, I've not actually managed to accidentally click anywhere.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Picked up a magic trackpad in regent street yesterday and my initial reservations over the clicking were gone. Although the physical click requires it to be on a solid surface, the "soft click" works very well, much better than the first time I tried it a long time ago, I've not actually managed to accidentally click anywhere.

It's the same as a MBP trackpad asfaik. The click is on a pivot from the very top, and if you want to click whilst not on a desk or similar you have to press on the pad and the little rubber pads on the back at the bottom. It's a nice piece of kit, I can't think why it can't replace a mouse for example, but you just expect to have a mouse on a computer don't you..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's the same as a MBP trackpad asfaik. The click is on a pivot from the very top, and if you want to click whilst not on a desk or similar you have to press on the pad and the little rubber pads on the back at the bottom. It's a nice piece of kit, I can't think why it can't replace a mouse for example, but you just expect to have a mouse on a computer don't you..

It's different. On a mbp the trackpad clicks, not the mbp case. On the magicpad they make the feet click rather than the surface, which makes it unclickable on anything other than a hard surface, they could have engineered it so that it worked like the Mbp touchpad, but they didn't.

However, the soft click works a lot better than I ever remember, so it's a moot point.

We watch 4od and iplayer in bed and the mouse just isn't convenient on the duvet, the trackpad is however.