ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New steed (Return to RS)

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Well its the end of the road for the GP, had my good times and bad times with it but after 15 months its finally time for a change and to move back to a renault sport.

Decided to go something a little bit more upmarket/classier IMO than the GP and ultimately more comfier and less stressful where pot holes are concerned.

luckily a perfect spec car popped up on AT so decided to make the two hour drive down to have a look and see what deal i could work out when part-exing the GP

luckily the deal was do-able for me so decided to just go for it, the term "your only young once" popped into my head just before signing on the dotted line!

well the car in question is this

17a7ad4b.jpg

f0aff428.jpg

d6335876.jpg

7be8cb5b.jpg

please excuse the shocking pics (iPhone in HDR mode had a paddy so there rather blurry!)

Specs of the car are amazing tbh nearly fully specced bar the upgraded stereo as far as I'm aware

Caspicum Red
Cup pack
Visibility pack
Recaro's (full leather)
RS monitor
Spare wheel
10k miles

also has an aftermarket exhaust apparently but there unsure of the make atm but was popping like a good'un on the overrun

Ive now got to survive a week until i can go collect it next saturday i can imagine its gonna be torturous wait!

Moonlight Blue 225
I can believe you sold the GP :(

This is a very nice car though, too bad it isnt coming to le mans, id love to see it in the flesh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice purchase mate! Not seen many in that colour, loved it on the R26 aswell!

Shane sbout the GP. Sometimes you do miss confort and a stress free drive. I definitely do until i'm on a B road. 90% of the time i'd rather a Mondeo. The Frp is so stiff even more than the GP imo.

The 250 I was in felt worlds appart from the R26.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads I'm rather chuffed with it as you would expect

John ye 'twas a shame but I generally don't keep my cars all that long so just felt the time was right to move on really fancied getting back into an RS.

Gally yes dude I'm hoping this car will be great for that 90% of the time when you just wanna potter around and more than capable in that 10% when you really wanna go for it! Felt very well balanced on the test drive down some nice B roads so fingers crossed all the reviews I've read put my mind at ease.

And the 250 feels so much more grown up than the R26, a definite step up in image and allroud quality

Ash yes from platinum and will tbh I had it as a project car and like most once that project is finished I kinda got alittle bored with it, plus with the state of our roads now the ride was getting abit annoying plus the side skirts and bumpers are pretty low so I was constantly paranoid about pot holes scrappage which gets tiresome

Last edited:
  E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I really wanted a megane 250 but the way there plummeting in price put me off and ended up replacing the GP with an e46 m3

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I really wanted a megane 250 but the way there plummeting in price put me off and ended up replacing the GP with an e46 m3

ye its a slight worry but thats why i decided to get something with as much spec as possible, I'm sure it will help come sale time! think this spec car would have been close to £28K new so its took a fair knock already!

did you trade the GP or sell it?

Moonlight Blue 225
Too bad you're not bringing this to le mans :dapprove: i really want to see it. And yours chris, you'll both have to get to a meet!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I sold the car to mini cherished as the miles were so low got 13k for it with the bits I sold separate

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Just to update this..

After the week long wait, today was finally the day to trek the two hours back down to bath to collect the 250. Found it quite sad Knowing to was my last drive in the GP but knowing i wouldn't have to deal with the ride quality anymore made up for that somewhat, it had grown very tiresome on me the last few months!

After all the paperwork was done and my bank balance drained it was finally time to set off back to brum, decided to spend 10mins just outside the dealers getting used to all the button and controls, pairing my phone to the bluetooth and selecting the appropriate album for the drive home. The 250 is 10x more comfortable than the GP, if people think the cup chassis is firm then i can't imagine how soft the non-cup 250s are, some of the roads near the dealership were bone crunching in the GP but i never felt a thing in the meg and once we hit the motorway it just settled perfectly into a 70mph cruise no fuss and more than enough torque on tap should i need to press the loud pedal. Even managed to return 35mpg on the way home @ 70 with the odd blat up to 3 figures.

once off the motorway theres a back way to my house down some decent b roads for about 3 miles, so decided to whack it into sport and put the throttle onto 'Extreme" at which point the car is just an animal, the exhaust note comes alive "the ktec 3" system does help" popping and banging away on the overrun everything about the car just comes alive. Im very very glad i decided to get a car with the monitor as i was half temped to give it a miss!

now haven't got any pics on the car just yet other than the ones when she was tucked up in the garage, ill be out snapping away tomorrow.

eb6a9499.jpg

and interior pics (epic chair content btw!)

f1a88fd7.jpg

0d644eee.jpg

2bd4ed77.jpg

36815f2c.jpg

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers ppl regarding the colour it's epic in person photos do it no justice as its does come out slightly pinkish in most photos just not sure wether to get the door handles done black to match it all up.

Lovely Neil. When's it being mapped then?

Is it quicker than the GP?

Im not sure dude I'm concerned about it effecting the warrenty as that's got 1yeas 6 months left to run will see how I feel, as for up against the GP oddly they feel quite similar as the megs power builds through up through the whole rev range which is nice but you can deffo feel the extra torque low down, my mini didn't get going to 3.5k after the cams but it was mega from then onwards the 250 is mega from about 2k all the way up especially in extreme mode.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Saw you collecting your car today, Ive got to say this is the nicest 250 we have had in, looks cracking!