ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Steed - 997 Turbo

Turbos.
Sorry for the crap background, having some building work done! Got this very low mileage Gen 1 Turbo for a good price. I'm hopefully driving it to Denmark next weekend, but unfortunately have a warning light already, so hoping it isn't too serious :dapprove:

So far it is much more 'pointy' than the Carrera S and feels much faster compared to what was underwhelming performance in the N/A car. The sacrifice is an almost complete loss of engine noise.

It is a shame to miss out on the Gen 2 interior, as my dad's PCCM is a million times better in his new Cayenne. It does however have the adjustable sports seats which are amazing. Other than that it is the same as the Carrera S, which is nice but ultimately not that impressive for a £110k+ car. It is a fabulous all-rounder though, can't wait to see what it is like in the snow with the 305s on the back!

P1080510.jpg

P1080511.jpg

P1080512.jpg

P1080513.jpg

P1080515.jpg

P1080518.jpg

P1080519.jpg

PCM ;) lend us a fiver.

Needs better wheels, those are the among the ugliest wheels Porsche have designed in the last ten years, far too Cheshire for my liking.

Mk5 golf gti
Facking awesome i love these, i would have another colour though personally

totally get the engine noise thing, but they feel epiclly fast

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great buy Fenn. My boss traded his white gen1 for a red pdk'd gen 2.

Fantastic cars all round weapon that you can take to the shops, 5 a side ect. The whole reason my boss has had 7 911's.

Oh and I facking love it in Silver!

Fair play. That's some f**king car :approve:

Those rims always remind me of the 19" Rage options for the FN2 Civic Type R.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Great car,and possibly one of the fastest cars ive ever driven.My mate owned one for a time and thats how i got a shot in it,it scared me in 3rd and 4th.

Love the wheels,obviously....

Turbos.
I've listened to a few exhausts on YouTube and none of them seem to sound that good apart from one made by Fabspeed.

I have looked at GT2/GT3 wheels but they are almost £5k a set! I was looking to team them with a GT2 replacement rear spoiler, but not so sure now.

Fortunately looks like the error i had is battery related. The car has only done 4,000 miles, the last owner just leaving it on the street in Chelsea! The car is a bit of an oddball, because it was delivered well into the Gen 2 period, but the first owner got majorly mugged off by his dealer to fork out full dollar for the 'old' car!

Evo 5 RS
I wouldn't bother with an exhaust at all. Funny market with 911s, they just always sound the same. (Awesome but the same ;) ) and 997s lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The turbos make them sound like a leaf blower when after-market systems are fitted.

GT2 exhaust sounds nice, bit pricey.

Turbos.
That has the Akrapovic exhaust as standard, doesn't it? Excuse my engineering naiivety, but do you think that exhaust would give the flutters/whooshes that the GT2 makes too? I got those from the Smart when it had a remap/filter, but i'm not sure what component/change actually changed the noise for the better...

Before you ask, no i won't be getting BOVs...