ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new start 1.2 16v

Titanium 182
Made a little progress onto my new car lately, got myself a 3/4 plate, aero wipers, xenon bulbs and most importantly my Turini's! thanks to 'scottty4eva'. not looking much for now but slowly going to start getting somewhere with it, definatly needs lowering though.

IMG_1158_zpscb362b4e.jpg

Titanium 182
Going to get it lowered, thinking about 40mm as I had last time, going to do a fog light install as well sometime soon hopefully. colour code and sports grill.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Going to get it lowered, thinking about 40mm as I had last time, going to do a fog light install as well sometime soon hopefully. colour code and sports grill.

Hi mate,

Looks like a nice one. Clear indicators would be a simple but effective upgrade too.

How would you add fogs to it? Is it simply a case of buying the fog lamps and connecting the wiring up? Would there actually be the wiring behind the bumper to take the fogs!

Austin

Titanium 182
Hi mate,

Looks like a nice one. Clear indicators would be a simple but effective upgrade too.

How would you add fogs to it? Is it simply a case of buying the fog lamps and connecting the wiring up? Would there actually be the wiring behind the bumper to take the fogs!

Austin

cheers mate might look into that, the blanks that are there at the moment have the same connection as fog lamps would behind the bumper and it would just be a job of finding a way to connect the wiring the the fog lamps at the tail lights by ripping out the dash and finding the correct wire.

Echoing the above start with cheap effective mods that won't effect your insurance.

Clear side indicators, colour coding.

I have a fog light loom if you're interested in doing so, I'm not too sure what is need to add fogs. Maybe a new stalk that controls front fogs, and again unsure iif you'll have to wire that in.

I am aware that some Clios you can just plug and play alongside a new stalk as the connector is behind the bumper.

Titanium 182
What do you mean by 'fog light loom'? and it would be a matter of taking out the stalk which has a fog lamp switch for the tail lights and soldering the wires from the wires of the ones to the front if you get me?

What do you mean by 'fog light loom'? and it would be a matter of taking out the stalk which has a fog lamp switch for the tail lights and soldering the wires from the wires of the ones to the front if you get me?

The fog light loom is what you'll plug into a vacant connector behind the bumper, you'll be able to find it directly behind passenger side fog light.

The loom has both flog lights and the plug.

The stalks have a connector so no faffing with soldering, it's a steering wheel off job though. The wires 'should' already be in place so no extra wiring , so it'll be a case of plugging in the fog lights and change the stalk and hey presto ( hopefully )

Titanium 182
The fog light loom is what you'll plug into a vacant connector behind the bumper, you'll be able to find it directly behind passenger side fog light.

The loom has both flog lights and the plug.

The stalks have a connector so no faffing with soldering, it's a steering wheel off job though. The wires 'should' already be in place so no extra wiring , so it'll be a case of plugging in the fog lights and change the stalk and hey presto ( hopefully )

Alright sweet, think I'll only be able to get some when I next get paid in a couple of weeks but I can give that a try, hopefully it might work, be good to have some fog lights again, hate having the blanks.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good start. Illegal plate and bulbs (I'm assuming).

Wouldn't bother with fogs personally, if money was no object then lower it and add some 15mm spacers. With a light tint on the windows and it will look reet.

Titanium 182
I had a look under it and found this..

IMG_1159_zpsf6b52bed.jpg

Is that what I would plug the fog lamps into? and would it just work then? or is there anything more I would have to do?

And the bulbs aren't illegal, just standard halogen bulbs. unsure whether to get some springs or just go for some coilovers?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Is that what I would plug the fog lamps into? and would it just work then? or is there anything more I would have to do?

And the bulbs aren't illegal, just standard halogen bulbs. unsure whether to get some springs or just go for some coilovers?

That looks like a bigger plug than the ones that plugged into my fogs. Is there one either side as that should give you a hint?

Wouldn't bother with aftermarket shocks personally.

That's the plug you're after, I'd be unaware on the condition of the connecting pins in that plug.

In theory you plug the fogs in and change the stalk and it should work.

Springs are cheap lows, coilovers are hard to come by used, are a little dear new too.

Choose which ever is best for you/your insurance.

Titanium 182
Just have to give it a bit of a clean by the looks of it, and I'll have to see how it goes when I get round to buying some.

Titanium 182
Decided I'm going to have a look around for some coil overs instead of springs, as much as i hate the way it is now it will be so much better and worth it when I've eventually got my coil overs and sat the car low.

Titanium 182
Update: got my of lamps with wiring loom and my cup spoiler has arrived, waiting to get the lamps tinted and need the cup spoiler sprayed, fitting my sportex exhaust tomorrow, anyone know an easy way on how to cut out part of the bumper?
also been looking about for a 172 bumper and sports grill.