ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sport owner... What's with the steering wheel?

Ph2 FF 172
Hi all,

Really stupid and quite frankly, embarrassing question but.... What is the R+O button on the opposite side to the cruise control on my steering wheel? I cant find it anywhere in the manual, please take pity and help me out on this one.
Cheers

172 Race Car
something else to do with the cruise control i think. never had it on either of mine.

Isnt it

R = reset
O = On

Im sure someone will be along to help soon

a thirsty one
not sure if its the same on the 172 as the 182 but the 182 has a + and - on one side for speed in cruise control and the R and O relate to R if you brake it turns it back on at the last speed i think and if you just turned it on for setting the speed, the O is for off.

i have only used it once of twice though to be honest so no expert.

Renaultsport Clio 182
1. the R resets the cruise control to the previous speed before it was de-activted (by pressing the brake / clutch)
2. The 0 also switches the Cruise Control off
3. The + or - on the other side is used to adjust the cruise control speed setting (goes up to a max. of 123mph)

There is also a little switch down on the right hand side (next to the ESP button) which allows you to choose between the cruise control or the speed limiter. A different colour light will appear on the dash:

Green - Cruise Control
Orange - Speed Limiter