ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new speakers

FF 172
As the ice in my 172 seems knackered, well o.k. then, not very competent ;)
i want to upgrade, are there any people here who know the best thing to buy for certain types of music?
Like electronic music etc
would i be best going for some component JBL gti`s x 4 front and rear for my car or some infinity perfect 5.1 components ? (seen both on offer saving about £100 a pair)
or spend a little less and get a sub?
what da ya reckon people?
please help!

edit....yeah erm, the head unit is an Alpine, cda 9812 rs
music:electronic as in Tangerine dream and some trance music.....sorry

Last edited:
  FF 172
Id say the Infinitys. Are you getting Components?

Kyle!
yeah,
infinity 5.1 perfects i`ve been looking at, just dunno if they are best for the music i like it`s a bit embarrassing cause of my age! (my kids drive cars) and im a bit outta my depth, i like trance music and that sort of thing, loud as f**k etc
im only looking at em because they are about £90 off from £250 to £160 seems like now is the time to buy

My bicycle!!
i bought a set of vibe qb 69s for the parcel shelf, they are amazing!
pic11.jpg

and a set of FLI - Integrators for the front, sound good enough for me!
31DTGBX79PL._AA280_.jpg

FF 172
I had some very similar FLi`s in my 318i, they were good but i`d really like some more volume.
they are 5 1/2 inch front and rear aren`t they?

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
You dont need components in the back, and you certainly dont need anything on your parcel shelf if you want sound quality too.

For your price range & music taste I would get a good set of pioneer or diamond speakers

Yes, the front speakers are 5.25" /13c, and so are the rear ones :)

if you going to be spending some serious money youd be best off going over to talkaudio.co.uk as the boys on there will be able to give you better advice than anyone on here as to what you need and how to install it well. there friendly as well.

PH2 172
Iv always said ALPINE TYPE R crossovers are my favourites they have a really crisp and clear sound. Go Alpine all the way.