ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Slimline PS3

Citroen DS3 DSport
Finally got home and unpacked the new PS3 and I love it. IMO it looks far better in my AV rack than my 60gb original PS3 did and is even smaller than I expected it to be.

Currently installing v3.0 firmware and happy at how silent the new PS3 is. In fairness the old model wasn't exactly noisy.

All this talk of console Gimps by the once proud Pc brigade make me roffle as all you get now are delayed consoe ports at a slightly higher resolution! Hardly fittimg fodder for your most admirable machines ;)

Point. You missed it. I was taking the piss out of myself, console wars, and anyone who engages in them. Numbnuts -x-

E87 118d M Sport
i thought it was you on the avforum (sneeks). finally guessed it right lol!. cant wait to get mine on saturday

Point. You missed it. I was taking the piss out of myself, console wars, and anyone who engages in them. Numbnuts -x-

Not at all munster, I can be sarcastic too *kiss*

Sneeks how do you set up your PSN ID again? I deleted it off my old console??

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've just fitted the 160gb drive from my MacBook Pro into the PS3, it's only 40gb larger than the HDD the Slim ships with but it's more use in there than in a box elsewhere.

The PSN option is on the Store/Network area of the XMB.

Hmm I whacked in my 250gig from my old PS3 and its not being recognised it says it needs reformatting on startup and a firmware version of 2.76 or later!

Upon switching back to the 120gig all is fine lol!!!

A SHED!
good update 3.0. Liking it, fixed that bloody clock bug. Where you press the ps button to see the time and get the controller batt status.

Worked it out have to load 3.00 in via a usb stick and then slipstream it in with the new HD drive. Was hoping I wouldn't have to start over with downloaidng everything again from the store meh!

So simple consoles just plug and play!

Citroen DS3 DSport
It'll format any drive that has not been used in the same PS3. You will need to download v3.0 firmware from Sony's website and upload this using a USB stick or card reader to get it to reboot into the new HDD.

EDIT:

Ooops I typed that an hour ago but forgot to hit reply :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
As much as I like my new Slim I have experienced several system freezes last night where the only means of recovery is to switch it off at the plug. This has mainly happened while on the XMB. The lights on the controller all flash to indicate a lack of connection with the PS3 and cannot reconnect until I power cycle the system.

Now to figure out if this is a issue with the PS3, with 3.0 or something related to my HDD swap.

E87 118d M Sport
nah either sold my 40gb on the avf with collection at the end of this week, if that falls through ill trade it in, but cant make it to too until sat morning

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
got mine the other day and im impressed with how quiet they operate! the 360's so noisy! the missus used to go mental when ide flick it on at 6 in the mourning but now she just has to put up with the clicking of buttons :evil:

E87 118d M Sport
oooooooohhhhhhh yeah!!!!!!

FKIN LOVE IT!!!!!!! had it on for 5.5 hours on sunday, gaming, downloading, copying files from external HDD, watched a whole 2 hours blu-ray, and it didnt go off fan stage 1. silent as a.........(something silent?)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I just ran the rebuild database option in the recovery menu, some people claim that cures the freezing and resetting problem.

The new iPlayer version that the BBC launched today for the PS3 is a big improvement over what was running this time last week.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The rebuild database never made any difference so I have now reinstalled 3.0 but I doubt it'll make any difference either. Sony have said they will release a update possibly as early as today.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I may return my PS3 Slim tonight for a replacement and see if that is any better. The proportion of people complaining about the freezing issue within the XMB appears to be very low which is making me think it may not simply be the 3.0 update. If it was I'm sure I would have read far more complaints but I've not. Gamestation have said they will swap it for a new one and they also confirmed that they have had 2 other customers return Slim's from the launch day stock. A possible bad batch?

Citroen DS3 DSport
My PS3 Slim was replaced tonight at Gamestation, just setup the new one and hopefully it'll not freeze up.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
new slim can now bitstream HD audio to a suitable amp:D ( not sure if its been mentioned , i cant be arsed to read through 180+ post lol)