ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New skyline GT-R

Doesnt matter what they're competing the car against...

GTR, 997 Turbo, R8, Lambo.....

I know what I would choose... and its not Japanese!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was about to burst in to a rage of its not a skyline lol...

nissan dropped the skyline name as their performance model... there top performance motors will just be badged gtr from now on.

and nissan with pretty much every skyline r32, 33, 34 (gtr's) have always set some of the fastest times at the ring... there is a guy they use (cant remember his name) that does all their driving in the skylines, guy is a legend and a master driver.

i would pick pretty much any skyline gtr(except maybe the 33) over any porker or similar... the gtr has always been a super car... maybe a geeky supercar but out the box not much touches them!!! ztune is SEXUAL!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Malice, you would have a skyline over this??

porsche_911_gt3_rs_big_10.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
here it was on monday going around the ring, along the straight it was stupidly fast, took me 3 attempts just to catch a glimpse of it, must have been nearly 200mph

Resized_IMG_4487.jpg

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
The Skyline name was dropped because it was only really know in Japan, UK, New Zealand and Australia. Plus the Skyline GT-R was always know for a straight 6 engine since 1972 with the KPGC110.

The new GT-R has a V6, twin turbo, 7 speed box and 4 wheel drive when needed.

The New Nissan GT-R will be sold across the world and there will be 4 dealers in the UK rather than the 1 in St. Helens for the R33 and R34 GT-R's (the R32 was never sold in the UK by main dealer Nissan). Launch price of the new Nissan GT-R about £55k in Autumn 2008.

My car of choice would the the R34 GT-R Z-tune. Only 20 made and 500bhp as standard. Now seems quite cheap at £90k

Nik

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The Skyline name was dropped because it was only really know in Japan, UK, New Zealand and Australia. Plus the Skyline GT-R was always know for a straight 6 engine since 1972 with the KPGC110.

The new GT-R has a V6, twin turbo, 7 speed box and 4 wheel drive when needed.

The New Nissan GT-R will be sold across the world and there will be 4 dealers in the UK rather than the 1 in St. Helens for the R33 and R34 GT-R's (the R32 was never sold in the UK by main dealer Nissan). Launch price of the new Nissan GT-R about £55k in Autumn 2008.

My car of choice would the the R34 GT-R Z-tune. Only 20 made and 500bhp as standard. Now seems quite cheap at £90k

Nik

the skyline name was dropped because there are other manufacturers using the skyline name! the name skyline was taken from the skyline roads in japan which are private toll roads...

nissan still uses the 'Skyline' name just not for the gtr, its used on the g35

fred is right in a way, yeh they bought second hand ones... i always thought there were 50 or 75 made though... they then stripped them completely and replaced pretty much everything on them with uprated parts...

i would choose a r34 ztune over a gt3rs yes lol, i would choose a r32gtr with good history over a gt3rs ha! i know of a couple of r32's that would piss on a gt3rs on the straights, corners, hills whatever....

the skyline chassis has been called the best chassis produced by LOTS of top drivers... it might be seen as a geeky or chavvy car but when you take the r34 gtr for instance they are said to have 250bhp standard which doesnt seem alot... however this was only the book figure and not the actual figure, it was just the figure nissan said they had to get around laws in japan, infact the actual power is closer to 350bhp.... when you do simple mods to them like exhaust, filter and a mild boost upgrade your knocking on 400bhp... with one of the best handling chassis ever made hell yeh i would take one over a porker! the skyline gtr is a supercar no doubt about it... just cos its got a nissan badge and isnt italian or german doesnt make it less good lol.

however i have random taste in cars, and i like my jap crap, tbh i would prob take a mint ae86 over a gt3rs :D

next car will be a r32gtr in white or grey without fail... well next nissan anyway... but i want a ae86 next i think... so either or 1 of those 2 lol...

sll the people that **** of skylines and japcrap as bad cars or tacky i tell u what get in a skyline or similar with good power and you will change your mind completely!!!

not many cars come out of the factory doing 10sec 1/4miles like the ztune does...

only other skyline i would have is the mines r34 gtr

you'd have a r32 over a brand new gt3 RS.

Thats insane imo, even if the skyline handled better had a million bhp there is absolutely no way in a million years I'd pick one over the Porsche. Just no way lol.

MKIII 138
id have the porsche if i wanted to look like a wanka

the new one is just as good as a older skyline by the looks of it better.

the R33 gtr was a bit slow pissed on one in my remapped meg a, the range topper R34 Nur spec is an awesome pice of kit, not made for profit but the best they could offer even at £50k its cheap there was a 9min vid of nissan explaining how they had made improvements and it was imense the detail they had gone to and the parts used for a conservative 500bhp

Don't really think the 'wanker Porsche' applies to the GT3 RS, the only people who will buy them are collectors or Track enthusiasts.

Seriously doubt any Londons Financial High flyers popping to work in a Bright orange stripped and caged Porsche.

I would have a Z-Tune Skyline or Indeed the Z-Tune 350z

Hope the Laguna Concept becomes a reality as I'd love a Nice looking fast Renault coupe lolol.

We all have our vices.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Don't really think the 'w**ker Porsche' applies to the GT3 RS, the only people who will buy them are collectors or Track enthusiasts.

Seriously doubt any Londons Financial High flyers popping to work in a Bright orange stripped and caged Porsche.

Why does a successful person automatically earn themselves wanker status ?

Don't really think the 'w**ker Porsche' applies to the GT3 RS, the only people who will buy them are collectors or Track enthusiasts.

Why does a successful person automatically earn themselves w**ker status ?

Because thats what stereotypes do!

Don't confuse me as one of the masses, I'd would love a carrera 2 or 4 regardless of Image! Porsches are one of my favourite cars!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Thats insane imo, even if the skyline handled better had a million bhp there is absolutely no way in a million years I'd pick one over the Porsche. Just no way lol.

but i dont pick cars on their looks lol.... i would choose a 450+bhp r32 over a porker yes lol i dont care if that makes me crazy, i know what the r32 is capable of and would much rather have something like that as i would be happy with it... i like cars i can play with and make my mark on... i wouldnt do that with the gt3rs... its a nice car just not for me :)

everyone has different tastes... doesnt make me or you right or wrong for those tastes lol

M2 Competition
id have the porsche if i wanted to look like a w**ka

the R33 gtr was a bit slow pissed on one in my remapped meg a, the range topper R34 Nur spec is an awesome pice of kit, not made for profit but the best they could offer even at £50k its cheap there was a 9min vid of nissan explaining how they had made improvements and it was imense the detail they had gone to and the parts used for a conservative 500bhp

Lol, meggerman has spoken.

M2 Competition
Why does a successful person automatically earn themselves w**ker status ?

Don't confuse me as one of the masses, I'd would love a carrera 2 or 4 regardless of Image! Porsches are one of my favourite cars!

Agree. In the same way id drive a boxster s over a clio anyday, regardless of what the jealous haters on here would say.

Anyone that wouldnt drive a boxster hasnt driven one...
(the wise words of jc)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the r33gtr is the worst skyline of the lot, to fat and not as enjoyable to drive...

r32 is the hardcore one, the r34 being the best...

dont get me wrong i wouldnt turn a r33 down if it was given to me i just wouldnt buy one...

I've been 2 up in a trophy around the ring chasing and almost passing an R34 GTR until he decided to block at every opportunity. It's all on camera too.

He couldn't drive for s**t but talked a good lap when overheard in the car park ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I've been 2 up in a trophy around the ring chasing and almost passing an R34 GTR until he decided to block at every opportunity. It's all on camera too.

He couldn't drive for s**t but talked a good lap when overheard in the car park ;)

thats the driver though not the car lol, the r34 gtr nur spec had lap records at the ring...

Cayman S is a very very nice car, quick too!

Not as nice as a 993 which is similar money.

Yep, I agree. Although it takes a certain person to choose an old car over a new one. 993 Varioram FTW though, last of the aircooled :D niiice.

but i dont pick cars on their looks lol.... i would choose a 450+bhp r32 over a porker yes lol i dont care if that makes me crazy, i know what the r32 is capable of and would much rather have something like that as i would be happy with it... i like cars i can play with and make my mark on... i wouldnt do that with the gt3rs... its a nice car just not for me :)

everyone has different tastes... doesnt make me or you right or wrong for those tastes lol

Yeah I know mate, I wasn't saying your wrong. You know I love my jap crap anyway :D There is a gunmetal grey R32 that bowls through Bagshot some days, slammed on 18 inch Blitz wheels. Just looks sex tbh lol.

id have the porsche if i wanted to look like a w**ka

Lol, meggerman has spoken.

FPMSL!

Agree. In the same way id drive a boxster s over a clio anyday, regardless of what the jealous haters on here would say.

Anyone that wouldnt drive a boxster hasnt driven one...
(the wise words of jc)

You knows it. I'd happily take even a non s cayman or Boxster over the 182 tbh nowadays....