ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Seats

Clio with a body kit
Since buying the car I have never been 100% happy with the seats that were in my car. I was very close to getting them re trimmed in leather and had discussed everything with the trimmer who I wanted to do it but the bloke was obviously very busy as he could never give me a date he wanted the seats.
I was willing to wait and did for a few months. After numerous emails without replies I starting looking at other options when I stumble across the seats that are now fitted.
They might not be to everyone's taste but I didn't want something that looked aftermarket but at the same time I wanted something different to anyone else. They came from a Porsche 911 997 of some description and I believe they are the bottom model of seat. They are heated which I didn't bother with and have electric recline. They are fitted as low as possible (feel lower than my old ones) but they have height adjustment so I can get into the perfect position for how I want to drive on the day.
I was unsure if I'd like them or if they'd suit the car when they sat in my garage for a month, whilst I waited for a mate to fit them but now there in I'm 100% happy with them. Anyway a few pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Clio with a body kit
Love em. Position looks perfect. How much were they? Any fitting problems?

Fitting was ok apparently. He made the frame as low as possible and the seats can be raised on its own mechanism if needed. Power came from the cigarette lighter with an inline fuse.
I guess I was a little lucky as some of the Porsche seats have a memory apparently and the seat would of had to of been dismantled to remove it. I paid £700 plus £70 postage for the seats and then some for fitting which will be cancelled out by selling my old seats.

Clio with a body kit
I don't understand going to all the effort for some seats that don't support you any better than the standard seats?

I didn't expect everyone to like them :) I didn't have standard seats before I hard recaro trendlines from a Honda Accord which I was never happy with and I didn't think they suited my car.
Iv only had a short drive of a couple of miles but my first impressions are all positive. They seem supportive for someone of my build.
The main reason for the change was for the looks tho and I liked these and they don't look out of place now they are in. (My opinion)
It's highly unlikely the car will ever spend much time on track so I don't need to be pinned in too tight!
Hope that's helped and I'm sure if I sat in the standard Renault seat then these the Porsche would be more supportive.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Interesting I'll give you that!

Coming from a Porsche they must be decent, in your pictures I'm not sure about the bare bolts that are visible, but it's only a Clio at the end of the day ;)

Look nice, aren't you tempted to try hooking the seat heating circuits up ? They don't look like they offer much in the way of lateral support, I'm guessing these replaced the Trendlines you just sold- how do they compare?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Look lovely! And the 197 wheel finishes it off a treat.

Well done.

Clio with a body kit
Iv literally only driven 2 miles but when iv done a decent journey and a few corners I'll post up what I think from memory on my old trendlines the recline twisty nob thing was hand brake side and quite awkward to manoeuvre with the vees centre console.
They are quite a narrow seat but I did read a bit on a Porsche forum and I couldn't find much bad said about them as to the heating I'm not sure what would be involved but I'm sure it would need some kind of computer to control the temperatures and I'd have to mount a switch so for ease I'm not going to bother. The car doesn't come out much when it's cold anyway ;)
Totally agree about the bare bolts. Might try to find a decent cover of some sort.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
My Trendlines (and I'm just assuming they're the same, mine were from a Trophy) had the "recline twisty nob thing" on both sides. They are utter s**t, worst thing about those seats which, otherwise, I loved.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Genius!...

Yeah the ones you get in the 182s have them on both sides. Would make more sense IMO to just have them on the outside but I suppose it means you can sell them in all markets without difference then.

They look nice, loads better than the OE ones!

How hard was it to get that steering wheel to fit ? Does it just go straight on ? Do they do them in daft colours ? (mine's a phase 1)

Inferno 225 cup
Imo them pole positions look too track orientated.

The Porsche seats look so upperclass and look amazing.

It's not a track car, it's a loved v6 and the seats suit it so well:

Clio with a body kit

You seem to get exactly what I was after I wanted something that looked like it could of been there from new but at the same time looked and felt nice.

Clio with a body kit
Had a decent drive in these today on a pistonheads run, best part of 200miles through twisty back roads and I'm even more impressed with the seats. I found them more than supportive enough and very comfortable.
Really really enjoyed driving the car today. Apart from leaving the house at 4-30am!!
image.jpg

Little picture from outside Ely cathedral.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Agreed, I think they can look a bit more classy with different trim though. I think they come standard in the Audi TT QS, in alcantara trim and they look lovely. Full leather looks very nice too and wouldn't look out of place in a Porsche IMO.

Clio with a body kit
Looks great Dan, hope your well bud.
Yes mate I'm really good thanks. Hope you are too. I'm watching your thread waiting for the day you pick your car up. Will meet up at some point I'm sure. Iv not managed to get to anything cliosport since donnington but I will do.

Clio with a body kit
Agreed, I think they can look a bit more classy with different trim though. I think they come standard in the Audi TT QS, in alcantara trim and they look lovely. Full leather looks very nice too and wouldn't look out of place in a Porsche IMO.
Totally agree with this take @ColinG interior probably one of, If not the nicest interior in a clio v6. We don't want all the cars the same tho do we :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes mate I'm really good thanks. Hope you are too. I'm watching your thread waiting for the day you pick your car up. Will meet up at some point I'm sure. Iv not managed to get to anything cliosport since donnington but I will do.
Are you going to CSS Dan?

Ill be going in the bug.

Clio with a body kit
Are you going to CSS Dan?

Ill be going in the bug.

Iv not purchased tickets or a tent yet but I plan too as it looks like a great day/night.
Hopefully nothing important crops up. I'm missing a show in a fortnight due to a wedding!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah id say its going to be a great day/night.

Be great to see you again bud, im sure Jacob is going.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Seats look great Dan! As already mentioned it's great to see something a little different! In my opinion those seat's almost look OE. Spot on bud!

Clio with a body kit
Seats look great Dan! As already mentioned it's great to see something a little different! In my opinion those seat's almost look OE. Spot on bud!
Thanks mate. Exactly what I'm after something that when people look in they think they were in there from new.