ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear discs and pads reqd, Genuine or K-tec??

KF1

Clio R27 F1
Hi, I need to replace the rear discs an pads on my cup and have to decide between genuine Renault or K-tec uprated. The K-tec set seem to be £20-30 cheaper than Renault. Has anyone used the K-tec set??? what are they like??

Cheers.

i have been reading up about rear discs and pads , as got 2 new rear tyres put on last week and the guy said the pads are looking low, and i found the general consensus is that the rears dont do alot but keep you in line while the fronts stop you , i would still look for quality but get the cheapest.

Golf GTD Mk7
there isnt loads on the rear pads anyway, so best to get a second option really. I've had the same said about mine and there was loads left on them. Don't always trust garages.

KF1 there isn't much to the cup discs considering no ABS, so i can't see the Ktec ones being any better or worst to be honest. As said though, rear pads don't do much unless heavy braking. You could go for ds2500 but its arguable if they will make much of a difference.