ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear bearings worse than old one?

Clio mk2 ph1 2.0 16v
Hello.

sorry for my bad English, I'm from Sweden.

Bought Mintex MDC1997 via eBay och fitted them today.

But when I torque the 30mm washer att 175nm it is possible to wiggle everything.
As I can se the spacer is in place and it just seems very odd.

Is there anyone who have had this problem before?

Would like to get the car running this evening.

Going out to take things apart again and look at it.

cheers

Clio mk2 ph1 2.0 16v
So, I put things apart again and looked a bit. Mesured the old one and the new one. There is no differens between the two.
So with this in mind (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...cer-that-go-behind-rear-discs-on-Clio-172-182 ) I looked to see if that could be the problem.
Is it misssing? Or is it the thingy in the bottom?
I can't move the thing in the bottom so I guess that I am missing the spacer.

Looked at the two discs and there is absolutley nothing I can see that isn't the same.
If they are missing I would like to know real quick so I can get them (hopefully) tomorrow.

img-20140806-205904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yep they're missing and glad my thread came in useful

If you can't find them locally to you , I always stock them and can post them out to you

Ps your English is better then my Swedish

Clio mk2 ph1 2.0 16v
Yeah. I say your thread and that was what guided me towards this.
Impressivly(?) this havet been working for a wile.
The brakes are a couple of Yeats old, at least one year and probably 2-3. But the old bearings is really bad.

Shipping to Sweden takes about one week and if it takes longer for them to get it here I will PM you.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Good stuff

No problem at all

They come in singles so you'll need to order two. Part number is in my thread

Clio mk2 ph1 2.0 16v
Jepp. Saw that and wrote it down so the morons in my Renault shop can order the right things if they dont have it in stock.

Thanks for everything so far!