ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New project ( proper shed mk1 ) Hiya davedreads

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Matt brown dropped off my new project today,bit of a snotter/ no engine or gearbox but that doesn't bother me, I'll be fitting a mild tunned 1.9dti engine on mechanical injection.

Only thing I can deside on yet , is to keep it green or full colour change into Porsche signal yellow

anyway crap pics , DaveDreads I canna wait to rip it apart !

ybadaqaq.jpg

u2any4u7.jpg

va6u8yne.jpg

y3yjequg.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What you on about Porsche signal yellow, I thought we were going with Hot Rod red?

Looks like it came out of a lake. lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Sills and arches. Underneith is abit scabby but it's only surface. No other major rust anywhere else. Scuttle panel is fine aswell

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Front windscreen rubber trim has seen better days, needs two new or better roof rail trims aswell as they're warped and brittle

sunroof not leaking which is a suprise. My god is the interior über retro!

Needs de brakes overhauling all round but I'm thinking of running 172/182 hubs front and back. 4. Nearly new tyres on it aswell!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I said NATO green to begin with, but it's not 'look at me' enough for him. :rasp:

So i'd manage to convince him to go with Pillar box red with black wheels and accents,
signal yellow's too close to liquid yellow for my liking.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Thanks cub, should of made it a project thread tbh.

Signal yellow low is a solid colour like sunflower yellow

I would do it NATO green but IMO it'd ruin it after all the work to redo all the metal work.

See what happens , I have ALLOT to do before even getting to paint

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You'll have to pick a colour before the engine goes in,
unless you're painting the engine bay a different colour?

Although knowing you you'll build the thing, get it working, tune it just right,
then pull the engine out to paint the thing.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'll test fit the engine and box but as soon as I know everything is clear from fowling anything , the engine bay and underside will be painted in one

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dam you lot and not letting me paint it yellow. It would look amazing tbh!

This one won't be a pain in the arse like my dci , as it's getting a fully built 1.9dti engine and mechanical injection!
Time to go fast in a cloud of shite!
DaveDreads , we need a day down there to gut it and put all the parts into the container next to it. Will save allot of time in the long run.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
What sort of power and torque are you hoping from the 1.9 dti?

i'm looking for around 200hp and around 350/400NM , probably could get allot more out of it, but it means going to the bosch common rail system, which if i can help it , i dont want to venture into that field. its a car that i want to be easy to tune and fix.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
i'm looking for around 200hp and around 350/400NM , probably could get allot more out of it, but it means going to the bosch common rail system, which if i can help it , i dont want to venture into that field. its a car that i want to be easy to tune and fix.

I'm not looking forward to getting beaten by an oil burner at Santa Pod.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Is it bad that it took me a few seconds to figure out how it was moving with no one in the drivers seat?
Only 46 and getting senile already, not good :(

Ryan, that doesn't look like a Sapphire or Capri......

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'm not looking forward to getting beaten by an oil burner at Santa Pod.

it'll be fun, i think you'll still get me on longer revs, where as i have to torque shift at the right time or screw it up.

Is it bad that it took me a few seconds to figure out how it was moving with no one in the drivers seat?
Only 46 and getting senile already, not good :(

Ryan, that doesn't look like a Sapphire or Capri......

i know, the price was to good to let it go. it's worth more in the massive collection parts in it than i paid for it lol.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
No, you're scrapping all the underseal off ;)
lol

andys said, if he's honest , it needs to be metallic British racing green.