ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Project.. Mini Content

I want one just like this.

8383541198_b4c5ba9559.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Pretty similar to what im going for...

Il try take more photos for you rob :eek:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Good to see it out of Jases garage after like 5 years of sitting lol.

I loved the one Hammond had on the Top gear india special one.

I'll have to dig out pictures of the 2 my Dad had, he put one on its roof after hitting a deer and the other sank lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Right A small write up for Rob...

Since getting the car I have been focusing on getting it running and ready for MOT..

First up were the Brakes. After Standing for 5 years the front brakes were a little siezed on.. So set off to strip them out, clean the pads and calipers up, after eventually prying the Pads out I found they were EBC Green Stuff Pads which I guess is a bonus! Also Decided to give them a lick of paint to make them look a little better... The discs are still rather rusty but they should clean up with a bit of use

Before:
IMG_1297_zps3f59a2f2.jpg

After:
IMG_1303_zps5a6f344b.jpg

Also did the rear drums but forgot to get a pic... That made Pushing it around FAR easier!

Next up I moved onto the engine.. The water pump wasnt far from being seized solid so off with the old one!

IMG_1301_zpsb3b4720e.jpg

On with the New also threw a new belt on for good measure! (again I forgot to take a pic of the new one :eek:)

IMG_1319_zpsfd900351.jpg

Once all that was done, I threw the radiator back in fought with the bottom hose for a good 10 Minutes.. What a cnut that was... Then set about setting the tappets as they were all miles out, then refitted the Rocker Cover, Its only a temp one as I will be ordering an alloy one from MiniSport!

Engine all back together!
IMG_1318_zps79b959e2.jpg

Then I set about trying to start her up! Fitted a new battery Key in the Ignition

1 Click
2 Clicks
3 Clicks and she turns over but doesnt fire :(

Upon inspection the tank was bone Dry :eek: Filled her up tried again and still nothing :( So went about checking all Lives and earths to the Coil found nothing wrong so Started checking other things, upon closer inspection I noticed there was something missing from the distributor.. Turns out its the Igniter thats missing :( it has been converted to a contactless distributor from a Metro.. So going to have to order a new one before I can get her started :(

After being dissapointed with that I decided to look into other things...

Firstly the Indicators and why they wernt working on the front.. Turns out there were no bulbs in :eek:

So fitted... and we have indicators! :D One electrical problem down... Many more to go!
IMG_1321_zps1d14eb23.jpg

The grille was a bit dull and filthy so gave it a quick clean with autosol (Its just a quick clean I know its still filthy in places!)

Before:

After:
After that I left it for another day and put it all back together and got some pics in the daylight(ish)

IMG_1313_zps48d7e5f1.jpg

IMG_1312_zpsa9ac163f.jpg

IMG_1315_zpsa62f6bf0.jpg

IMG_1314_zpsabf1a233.jpg

I then remembered I forgot to put the grille back on :eek:

IMG_1320_zpsfbfa31b8.jpg

The front is missing something... Im thinking 2 possibly 4 Spot lights...

Also Chrome Bumper or stick with the Black?

Couple of interior... Half Leather Fronts
IMG_1316_zps9288ff7a.jpg

Full Leather rear
IMG_1317_zps2356b3e1.jpg

Also has leather door cards with some alpine speakers ;)
IMG_1322_zpsfd7c564d.jpg

Even a stealth shelf with alpines :rasp:
IMG_1309_zps83183f17.jpg

IMG_1311_zpsddd4587a.jpg

Mark

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Thought I'd Inform you, your front seat are from a 1997 Equinox Limited Edition :)

Get them re-trimmed in black leather :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mark, it looks like I'll be up again in March. I'll come down, you can take the zed out, I'll take the mini.

Now you have a reason to get it running.

Thanks a lot for the write up :eek:

I have an old digital camera you can have if you want it when I come up, it's only a 3.2 megapixel, but you can get it as grubby as you want.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Words can't express how jealous I am of that! It looks fantastic mate!

CursedTitanium 182FF
I have a set of old Lucas fog & spot combo, they are chrome. One needs a new/second hand sealed beam putting in it.
Will get you some pics when I get time.

(I have other parts left over from when I had my Mini, will post some pics also)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mark, it looks like I'll be up again in March. I'll come down, you can take the zed out, I'll take the mini.

Now you have a reason to get it running.

Thanks a lot for the write up :eek:

I have an old digital camera you can have if you want it when I come up, it's only a 3.2 megapixel, but you can get it as grubby as you want.

Sounds good to me! ;) May also have that camera off you too..

Hopefully Il have it running this week/next week

Words can't express how jealous I am of that! It looks fantastic mate!

Once she all up and running its going to get a proper clean bring that Racing Green Paint back to life!

Oh and I love your dog. Awesome looking little f**ker.

She is rather awesome and massively cute :eek:

I have a set of old Lucas fog & spot combo, they are chrome. One needs a new/second hand sealed beam putting in it.
Will get you some pics when I get time.

(I have other parts left over from when I had my Mini, will post some pics also)

That would be great mate :)

Definitely fit spots, although the grille on it's own does look sort of cool..

Im half and half atm.. Il get some Spots and fit them and see how I feel :rasp:

04BGFF182CLIORS
Do you have any plans to drop down to 10/12's? (sorry if you have said, havnt read whole thread!)

Coming from a MINI background I can vouch for them handling MUCH better on smaller wheels - Id assume your arches have been cut to fit the 13's however, so moving back down is a bigger job.

1973_Mini_Cooper_Mk3_Mk1_Works_Look_Front_1.jpg

That would be perfect spec for me - 10" wheels, group 2 arches.

:)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its currently on 12s mate, iv been looking into the 10" conversion but not 100% sure yet...

04BGFF182CLIORS
Its currently on 12s mate, iv been looking into the 10" conversion but not 100% sure yet...

Duh, didnt pay much attention there did I, they look like 13's at a glance! 7.5" disc conversion to drop to 10's IIRC? You would need something wide to fill the arches I guess.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Duh, didnt pay much attention there did I, they look like 13's at a glance! 7.5" disc conversion to drop to 10's IIRC? You would need something wide to fill the arches I guess.

Something around that yeah..

Never owned a mini before in my life so im just getting used to things haha

RB 182
Awesome mate, as I've already said on Faceache!

I've had 3 and still keep an eye out for a cheap project. Loved my first one, 1980 998cc, pageant blue, 1275gt head, pocketed pistons, janspeed 4-1 manifold, rc40 exhaust, re-jetted carb and pipercross filter, on 10" mambas, and drum brakes all round, was an awesome car! Will keep an eye on this thread, might have to have a looksee one day I'm over your way!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
More than welcome to come have a look.. Might be able to give me some ideas too haha

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Couple bits arrived today

New thermostat..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358519647.730443.jpg

An adjustable bracket to lower the steering column

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358519722.898936.jpg

And finally sourced an Ignition Module!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358519782.121882.jpg
So now im waiting on a new distributer cap and rotor arm so i can put it all back together again!

Im hoping to start it tomorrow :)

Clio 172 Ph2
183103_10150111747048258_6951388_n.jpg181507_10150111748128258_8266491_n.jpg190122_10150111748388258_1306156_n.jpg190661_10150111746173258_690183_n.jpg29994_401963923257_1596833_n.jpg

Miss my wee beasty :( 1330cc, MG Metro Turbo box, poly'd all round, lowered, spax, buckets, harnesses, and the 'b*****d light' on the boot

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Well got everything fitted tried to start her up, still wouldnt go.. Checked for a spark at the plugs but alas no spark :(

So new coil ordered and should be here monday morning!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
So yeah, I got her Running!

There was a rouge wire onto the Coil that I never noticed :eek:

Got a Video will upload tomorrow :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Firstly the video I forgot to upload...

Sounds a little rough on start up but im sure you would if you hadnt ran for 5-6 Years..

ANYWAY! The mini took a back seat for a while as work got a bit hectic and after several 9-7 days, working on the mini just wasnt an option..

So yesterday morning I spent a couple hours sorting a few little bits and pieces...

I Replaced all 4 ball joints, and a CV boot..

Only got a pic of 1 old ball joint and pic of the new ones to go on :eek: and non of the CV boot :(

Old balljoint..

uqa8a7a7.jpg

New ones to fit

upaguza6.jpg

All that is left to do now is Change the drivers rear wheel bearing and sort the hazard lights then she ready for MOT!

After that if just a matter of fitting a new clutch and fine tuning the tappets...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Been a while since iv had chance to really work on this... Also iv taken no Pics as i just forget to..

Last week I began sorting out a few small niggles...

Finally managed to get the drivers window working properly.. It now goes up and down!

When I get the car it wouldnt start, there were 2 lives going into the coil causing a non start fault, well I discovered this was the Wire for the Rev Counter, somewhere along the lines it was sorting out on something and causing this fault so I removed the old wire and routed a new one, So I now have a Rev counter again! :D

After that I removed the whole dash to try and get to the bottom of the lights for the gauges not working, all the bulbs were out, so replaced all of the bulbs and everything worked! Win Win! Kind of.. I still need to work out why the speedo no longer works... Whilst I had the dash out I found another relay, stashed away now the hazard lights havnt worked since I bought the car, so I figured this could be the issue as I was told there were 2 relays for the Indicators and for the Hazard lights, id just never found the hazard one.. So I ordered a new one and fitted.. It now has hazard lights! Hopefully that is the last of the electrical issues...

While I was in the interior the previous owner started routing wire for a CD Player.. I decided one day I didnt really want to fit a CD player so I ripped all the wires out and removed the shelf for the CD player, now nothing looks out of place :) I do however need to change the dash, all of what you can see in the pic is creased and damaged, just need to decide what I want to do with it...

IMG_0352.jpg

Also yesterday I FINALLY got it MOT'd passed first time with no issues! Bar an advisory on some welding which will be sorted this weekend!

IMG_0355-1.jpg

Also later today I will hopefully get it Taxed so I can actually use it! The fueling isnt 100% so needs some tweeking so she running 100%

Unfotunatly on the way back I remembered about a rather loud knock the car made when you let off the accelerator, it was the engine stabilizer, to say the least the bushes were f**ked... Jumped on Ebay and got some new ones which should be here tomorrow! To add more insult to this, its to low :( The front wheels catch like hell on the inner arch when turning.. So need to find a solution to that too...

Awaiting its new bushes!
IMG_0354-1.jpg

​Il get there in the end!

Once its taxed and running properly il give it a good wash and get some proper pictures up and possibly a decent drive by video :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Taken you long enough. Asshat.

I know :(

I just havnt had the time or energy after work to do anything...

Need to decide what im going to do with it now... Keep it or sell...

Part of me says keep it, strip it down and start fresh, rebuild everything, other part says sell it make profit buy something else..

172 Cup
Got a lot of love for a classic mini!! I really miss mine when the weathers like this! Even if it did end up spending more time in bits than being driven!!

DSCF1968.gif