ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New project. Megane engined RS200 road car.

BG DCI
Really good spec pal!! Which the stats at the end show (and great I bet to use Day to day...)

Really keen to do one of these one day as a 200 from the factory never appealed performance wise but they look great!

Some videos would be awesome to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Put a few miles on the car yesterday. Never got any nice pics but did fix something that's been on the list.
There's meant to be a pipe from the throttle body to the standard dump valve and canister purge valve. I've got neither of those so done away with the pipe too. I made up a small plastic plug originally to block the hole and had been fine but decided it was going to make a bit for freedom yesterday when it was warm.
Got my mate to turn down a bit of alloy for a proper plug.
cb4fc6d9ca2eb5e987018e147cecafb2.jpg

Just made it an interference fit and used some epoxy to make sure it's solid.
a145d80d988080f8b1919c653d469e17.jpg

25e5dd59683a78cbf4ea33bd0f14d726.jpg

Seems fine anyway. Another job of the list. Car needs a wash now as it's filthy.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Good news and bad news depending on your views. Looks like the car will be going in the next few weeks to a friend, means I'll still get to see it from time to time.
Had a good out in it on Friday after work and then was awake early this morning so took it out for a 90 mile run and was home for 8am.
Weather was a bit grim over the hills but ok lower down.
8ad2e765520f37d9d7ed929a137f93ee.jpg

b6a22a3c32febb017451bae656193a18.jpg

8177dbb50f8ad9b36b3738d1d87c4e8a.jpg

Must of been slow animal day out as well, managed to hit 2 birds on a short space of time! No damage done (to the car at least!)
Russ
506f42a2e8b179c40d0638364dc27ca7.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You know why they say about the early bird! Too full of worms to fly away[emoji23]. Shame about the bad news, expect lots of mates warrenty claims when something needs fixing!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Nice job Russ, what do you think of the Rainsports ?
They great Colin, not sure how long they'll last on the front but can't fault them, no traction issues at all, maybe a little squishy on the limit but it shouldn't be driven like that on the road anyway. I've raced on the rainsport 2's in the wet and really like them and have a brand new set of rainsport 3's for my race car too. Good value too.
Russ

172, 197 & Macan GTS
They great Colin, not sure how long they'll last on the front but can't fault them, no traction issues at all, maybe a little squishy on the limit but it shouldn't be driven like that on the road anyway. I've raced on the rainsport 2's in the wet and really like them and have a brand new set of rainsport 3's for my race car too. Good value too.
Russ
Finally getting to see the Clio 300 in all it's glory this weekend