ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New potential 172 owner

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
Hi guys just joined up to the forum as looking to get a 172 to run alongside my 330ci sport.

Ive been to look at a few but they've been rough examples needing cambelts doing etc. Im going to look at this one tomorrow hopefully......
D920B1BE-D21B-44E5-85F3-3045B4BCEC6B.jpg

The guy who currently owns it says he bought it off his friend who put a new engine in after running the old one dry of oil. He said this work was done by a Jabbasport employee. This is what is listed in the add...

172 cup engine, with matched inlet manifolds
Flowed head, done by allstage heads(does radicals head, so no back street job)
Cat cams
Koni damper adjustable shocks
Eibach springs
Solid front top mounts
Ferodo ds2500 front pads
Plates on too of wishbones to help handling.
Solid dogbone mount(will be standard supplied, possibly fitted)
Aftermarket steering wheel and boss(original supplied)

Its up for sale at a cheap price and Im trying to do a bit of research on the car before buying. If anyone knew of this car or could offer some buying advice that would be great!

Thanks guys

Daryl.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Looks tidy mate. . Find out who did the belts and call them to double check. Also drive a few as there's good and bad ones about

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
Thanks for the welcome guys. Ive driven a few and they were ok but slightly underwhelming. The seller said the belts and dephaser were done at jabbasport also.

As with most people buying cars I just dont want to end up with moneypit but thats a gamble you have to take!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Not heard much about jabbasport tbh.. If you were local you could take mine out for comparison..

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
Hi again. Went to view the car and bought it. It has a few little issues but nothing major.

It certainly shifts well and handles great with eibachs and adjustable koni dampers.

I will get some proper pictures up shortly!

Clio 172, BMW 330ci
So here are a few poor quality shots!

Wish I had bought one of these sooner as they are so much fun. Find myself going out for a drive for no reason! Need to go to a track day I think.

photo11_zps78a8c77c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo31_zps1f02ffe2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]