ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks like I may have dropped my N95 one too many times, the case is hanging off and I don't think it'll last too much longer.

I have no idea whats available, but I don't want anything with a touch screen. Needs to be reliable, I get all my work through my phone. Needs a half decent battery life, and hsdpa.

I'm on o2.

Suggestions?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Blackberry bold. Awesome piece of kit and great contracts on offer.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Looks like I may have dropped my N95 one too many times, the case is hanging off and I don't think it'll last too much longer.

I have no idea whats available, but I don't want anything with a touch screen. Needs to be reliable, I get all my work through my phone. Needs a half decent battery life, and hsdpa.

Suggestions?

iPh................

oh wait

/leaves thread

BMW E92/Audi S3
iPhone is amazing. BUT you're picky Warren :p
Touch screens are a pain in the arse though.
I'd go for the new Sony Ericsson. Forgot what it's called.

Mk2 Golf GTI
TBH i've got an ipod touch and its the best touch screen i've ever used. I found the keys on the curve and bold harder to use than the bigger screen on the ipod. Each to their own though!

I might get a bold myself, but i'm holding out for the N97 first so may be worth seeing if o2 will have that? I dont see why most contracts require you to pay for the bold though, it's almost a year oldr than the curve, which is free.

nokia-n97-white-keyboard-163584.jpg

Mk2 Golf GTI
over priced, not over rated ;)

I haven't found a phone with a better browser. The blackberry browser sucks on the curve, a LOT slower than the iphone. I presume the bold is the same, as i used it over wifi so the 3g bit is irrelevant

iPhone. Stop being a silly billy. Nothing comes close to them.

If not, a blackberry, not as nice interface, but a good phone.

Titanium 182
Lol at all the people suggesting iphone. OP stated he does not want a touch screen, that means he isn't interested in your false god.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
FFS, I don't want an iphone. It doesn't suit what I need from a phone (for several reasons). Hence putting no touch screen in the 1st post.

Blackberry then dude.

My step-dad just got one and he's raving about it. Some nice little touches.

I'm not 100% sure which one it is..

blackberry-9000-itw-11-sm.jpg

Its the one on the right I think..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not sure on Blackberry, heard that they aren't that stable? Might just get something uber small and keep the N95 in my bag for modem use.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Blackberry bold mate, unlimited texts and internet for 12 months or something.

It's the one on the right.

Everyone likes a nice c**t.

When I was looking at Blackberrys a while back, there seemed to be two top models worth buying. One had 3G but no wifi, and the other had wifi but no 3G. I was like, WTF? I guess that's no longer the case?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No 12 onths really anymore. Vodafone and o2 both offer that deal.
No dearer than £30 quid a month I don't think 18 month contract.

Blackberry, stepdads business runs them for everyone. Work really well. Will suit what you need perfect. Just go into a store to try them out and decide which on you want exactly.

Dad just got the E71, very good, once it was up and running (not that easy to setup!).

DO NOT GET A STORM (but you're clever and have decided against a touch screen).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a play with an iphone at the weekend, I just can't get on with touch screens. It's the best I've used, but still pisch for me.

E87 118d M Sport
Had a play with an iphone at the weekend, I just can't get on with touch screens. It's the best I've used, but still pisch for me.

fat fingers ;)? or is it a case that you just arent used to it. it must be the most responsive touch screen device out there. ive never had any problems at all with them, and im pretty sure the text function is the most predictive (and accurate) going.?