ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Ph1 172 owner from Essex

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all, i have just bought a ph1 172 after selling my last toy i wanted something that i could have as a "sunday" toy

I was thinking about doing a few mods and then maybe the odd open trackday but the car i have bought has only done 39k and the last owner of 5 years bought it with 12k and looked ater it very well.

I am now going to buy some coil overs but dont know what ones or to have them adjustable or not???
A set of uprated engine mounts is also on the list.

Anyway i look forward to getting out and about in the car if there are any local meets in my area?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Quite a few Essex/Kent meets mate, quite a good bunch of people around here.

Depending upon what you want, (i.e good value, or top performance) there are a lot of coilovers available. Vmax being an example of budge and KW v2's being an example of top performance. Adjustable are the way forward though it seems.

Oh, and cheers for the PM, I have messaged you back.

EDIT: I'd also defiantely consider getting a whiteline ARB, they are supposed to make an epic handling improvement.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Hi & Welcome to CS!

39k is fantastically low mileage!

If you have a look on the traders section of the forum you will find plenty of coilover packages to choose from.

As fars as local meets you can look in the south-east part of the local meetings section, you will be able to find meets to attend in there.

look forward to seeing you around....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi all, i have just bought a ph1 172 after selling my last toy i wanted something that i could have as a "sunday" toy

I was thinking about doing a few mods and then maybe the odd open trackday but the car i have bought has only done 39k and the last owner of 5 years bought it with 12k and looked ater it very well.

I am now going to buy some coil overs but dont know what ones or to have them adjustable or not???
A set of uprated engine mounts is also on the list.

Anyway i look forward to getting out and about in the car if there are any local meets in my area?

Was it the X reg on Pistonheads-

Good luck on the new car !! :approve:

S

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers guys for the warm welcome, i just want to spend my money on the right parts and spend it once!!!!

I have been looking on the K-Tec site and i was thinking about the Bilstein kit or the Kw adjustable kit.

I read about a whiteline group buy on here so i was also thinking about getting one...

I will have to find out where and when my local meet is, look forward to seeing you guys about..

Thanks again....:approve:

Iceberg Ph1
Welcome to CS mate.. Get some pics up of the car!

On the hunt for some Coilovers myself.. Depending on what you want to spend and what you want to use them for.. Track or just looks.. Prices from £400 upto over 1k!

Ktec do their own range and a lot of great reviews for these and also V-Maxx for the lower end of the price scale, KW Variant 2 seem to be one of the best rated on here, but looking at a bit more price wise..

Good luck with the modding mate and get a project thread up if you got lots of plans for the motor!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Welcome to CS mate.. Get some pics up of the car!

On the hunt for some Coilovers myself.. Depending on what you want to spend and what you want to use them for.. Track or just looks.. Prices from £400 upto over 1k!

Ktec do their own range and a lot of great reviews for these and also V-Maxx for the lower end of the price scale, KW Variant 2 seem to be one of the best rated on here, but looking at a bit more price wise..

Good luck with the modding mate and get a project thread up if you got lots of plans for the motor!

Thanks for that i was thinking about the KW variant 2 as the bodies are made from s/steel?
I have been told that the billys are to hard even on there soft setting for the road, i have not got a open cheque book but i will not waste my money on shocks that are no good i have been there done that with my other car and just ended up buying then selling to buy the right bits..

How do i post big picts of my car on here?

Cheers

Iceberg Ph1
Thanks for that i was thinking about the KW variant 2 as the bodies are made from s/steel?
I have been told that the billys are to hard even on there soft setting for the road, i have not got a open cheque book but i will not waste my money on shocks that are no good i have been there done that with my other car and just ended up buying then selling to buy the right bits..

How do i post big picts of my car on here?

Cheers

Yeah I see what your saying about wasting money on rubbish and having to buy better in the future, doing your research really does pay off!

As for pics, best bet is to get yourself a flickr account or photobucket, upload uour photos onto that and then link them into your posts using the Image Link icon on the formatting bar when posting.. There is actually a guide for this on the forum somewhere lol!

Thanks and only down the road...;)

Think Brian should hand deliver your membership pack in that case :rasp:

n/a
they guy you bought it off is on here aswell i think the car was based in croydon ? it looked a minter mate congratulations

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes thats right, i bought it 2 or so weeks ago when we had the very hot weekend.
Yes it is mint he has looked after it very well but now he is in uni for 6 months at a time in Yorkshire.
I only bought it to replace my old "toy" i sold so the Clio is now only going to be used in the sun.

Cheers

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Think Brian should hand deliver your membership pack in that case :rasp:

Kettle is on...;)

n/a
i wanted to buy it myself lol was going to view it but my cousins car broke down just as we got on the motorway hahahaha what a day that was. ended up buying a van :dapprove: and doing courier service but good luck with what your doing mate, do your research on here and there is plenty of help when needed from the peeps on here

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
lol, he told me he had a guy whos car broke down...The thing is i wanted one to mod but the car is so nice i dont know what to do now.....lol

I think if i do good things and buy the right bits it will make it a better car, love it to bits though soooooo much fun.

n/a
yeh that was me:D, i would mod it subtly if i bought it i was going to lower it refurb alloys black or get turinis and do them black and thats about it not too much because they look wicked as they are tbh

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes i am going to stay with the 15"s i think and get a good set of coil overs and maybe a rear ARB.
Badges are going to be done in black, rear beam will be powder coated over the winter along with other bits..

SG9 Forester STi
Last time I checked the thread there was a discussion about having a meet on the 4th July. Keep checking the South East local meetings sub forum for updates :)

Also, in case you're going there's an essex convoy to the French Car Show in 2 weeks.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ok thanks i will keep a eye on it.
French car show, where is that? Sorry to sound thick but i am new here and dont know alot about these cars or clubs yet.

Cheers

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just had a peek, i might go just to see the Flux babes.....:approve:

I was going to a car show in Bromley on that date but we will see.....

Cheers for that..:cool:

SG9 Forester STi
It's a good show and always good to see all the other club members cars aswell :approve:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Lets hope the weathers going to be hot, just bought a car cover for mine and dont want it getting wet.....:D

Clio 172 Cup
Good to see you joined up mate, sorry I never phoned back yesterday was so busy :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good to see you joined up mate, sorry I never phoned back yesterday was so busy :)

No worrys mate all i wanted to know was about doing a cam belt on mine and anyother bits i should replace but i have it sorted now i think.
Ordered the aux belt kit from Renault and the cam locking tools today.

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Hello and welcome to CS! I'm only down the road in East Tilbury, theres not that many in this area so will have to keep an eye out for you! Debs has a Liquid yellow V6 and mines a racing blue 182 not sure if you've seen us around! We was deciding weather to go Bromley on the renaultsport stand or pop along to fcs, not sure what to do yet

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks for the welcome, i have only had my car for 2 weeks now and tbh when you dont own one you never see another.
But when you do own onw you see them all of the bloody time.....lol

I think i will be going to Bromley along with my brother in law who also has a ph1, i was told that the fcs is not as good as it used to be.

Cheers again...