ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Parts fitted..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the sabelt wheel last sunday thanks Tim, Chris. I had a few hours spare this afternoon, so got the Hankook RS2s and 2118s fitted today finally :)

I didn't get any close up pics, but it's a very tight fit between the calipers (4 pots) and 2118s :eek:

5478998935_7657bffaa1_z.jpg

5478997469_ac8e804512_z.jpg

5479000475_a5d38b2fc7_z.jpg

5479598788_74c62bc267_z.jpg

5478997921_a2504bfe3e_z.jpg

5461248651_a6af2cd8a4_z.jpg

5461849734_a9c3df1e59_z.jpg

Oh now on 130,600 :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
Iceberg + anth 2118's <3

Mine are also really tight between the calipers and wheels! Looks good that way too though :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup
Are you keeping the turinis too? I was going to keep mine so I could swap between them and the 2118's, but shortly after realised I'd never take the 2118's off! :evil:

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Really is in VGC for milage Fletch, credit to you pal!

Other than a few too many stickers around rear end for my liking, just about perfection mate;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
From sheep wheels to sheep wheels, I am disappoint :p

Looks great though mate.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
looks awesome Fletch, properly awesome ! We need to attack all those tar patches and left over metal bits with the dremel :)

How tight are the 4pots, fag paper ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
looks awesome Fletch, properly awesome ! We need to attack all those tar patches and left over metal bits with the dremel :)

Yeah I would they weigh a fair bit..

IMG00256-20100605-1239.gif

Thats minus the massive bit hiding under the rooflining.

Perfect Iceberg IMO.

Howcome you chose RS2's? Im in need of 2 new ones for the front, but im stuck between V12's, RS2's and PE2's. From my understanding the RS's are more track based, yes?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Yes Chris very tight fit!

Perfect Iceberg IMO.

Howcome you chose RS2's? Im in need of 2 new ones for the front, but im stuck between V12's, RS2's and PE2's. From my understanding the RS's are more track based, yes?

I've heard quite a few good reviews on them. The car is now just a weekend/trackday toy so thought the RS2's would fit the bill nicely.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :approve:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Sell the turinis, then buy some bucket seats ;)

The suspension looks to be still spot after the stripping and now the 15's !

haha not sure what I am going to do with the turinis yet, they've been good to me for the past 3 years ;)

Yes Chris I am really happy with the ride height, considering how much weight I have removed. It still looks good (not 4x4 height) I could remove the rear platform off the H&Rs to drop it another 10mm if I wish, but TBH am happy with it ATM

have you noticed any performance increase switching from 16's to 15's?

Hard to say really, the car is pulling, driving better than ever ATM (diet+ decat) and once warm yesterday around some dry bends and roundabouts the tyres felt bloody brilliant....However I did have one 'sketchy' moment yesterday around a damp small roundabout and cold brand new tyres lol.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hard to say really, the car is pulling, driving better than ever ATM (diet+ decat) and once warm yesterday around some dry bends and roundabouts the tyres felt bloody brilliant....However I did have one 'sketchy' moment yesterday around a damp small roundabout and cold brand new tyres lol.

Sounds good mate, yeah I've read a few times that they have a tendancy to Aquaplane in the wet due to the tread pattern. Now all I need is some 4 pots and I will have a very nice B road car for the summer

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good mate, yeah I've read a few times that they have a tendancy to Aquaplane in the wet due to the tread pattern. Now all I need is some 4 pots and I will have a very nice B road car for the summer

Yeah I've heard that too. Luckily I roll in the Hilux when it's wet outside.

4pots are great mate, I love mine :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Are you running willwoods like the ones oliver.james has? How do you compare them to say standard set up with brembo disks and ds2500 pads?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Are you running willwoods like the ones oliver.james has? How do you compare them to say standard set up with brembo disks and ds2500 pads?

I am running the compbrake 4 pot kit, had them for fitted for 3 years now without any probs..

Clioapril08new4partsandHRs008.jpg

Similar to the Willwoods bar the compbrakes have separate bells/rotors. The standard set up with Brembo HC discs, DS2500 braided lines etc are very good. However once warm the 4 pots they're excellent, they look pretty too ;)

Same miles my old dci is on, yours is looking better in it's old age lol

Looks nice fletch :)

Thanks guys.