ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pads problem - Pagid Blues

Octavia vRS tfsi
Fitted Pagid Blues to the front of my ph1 RS about a forthnight ago. Haven't driven the car much since then. Put them through the Pagid recommended bedding proceedure and some driving since, nothing too hard.

There seems to a howling noise (for want of a better word to describe it) coming from the front left intermittantly, that immediately disappears when I touch the brake pedal. Ultimately, I have put this down to a sticking pad and tonight they're set to come out, be given a slight rub top and bottom and refit again.

Why is this only after happening on the left and not on the front? Are there other causes of the symtoms above? Not enough copper grease perhaps?
What effect would the springs on the back of the pad being bent either too far in or two far out have?

Looking for all opinions before I go sanding and filing slight bits of pad that once they're off, can't be replaced.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
it just wont be sitting right, wip both pads out, clean any contact areas of the calliper with brake cleaner etc and re-fit with some copper grease

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
As above, you need to properly prepare the caliper before you fit. Clean all the dirt away with break cleaner.

Make sure you dab a bit of copper grease on all contact areas of the pad including the back and corners of the pad, I bet that will solve it.

While pads are out, just check the surface isn't glazed, maybe give them a gentle rub down and clean.

I have been looking at these pads, what are they like when cold? and hot?

Pagid blues are the best pads regarding fading and cold-hot breaking. We tried around 15 different types of brands and these where farout the best in performance.

A little chamfer means that I always cut a little corner of the pad with a file. not 5 cm or so but around 0.5 mm and than apply the manual of fuel_slut (see above) and you have to be fine.

Octavia vRS tfsi
All done and dusted. Pads out, edges filed off, regreased and refitted. Took the face off the pads also. Still have not had a real chance to try them hard in any major way. There are two track days coming up in the next month that I've opted out of just in case something were to happen that would jeopradise the Nurburgring at the beginning of May.

Cold bote is fine, no problem with it.

trust me they brake !! no fading in any way...and like many others (EBC, Ferrodo) they do not destroy the disks when pushing to the limit.

Octavia vRS tfsi
what tracks did you drop out of? still got the tickets?

Two in Mondello Ben. One on the International and one on the National.

I can still opt into one as it's a VIP day and can pay on the morning, they're usually quiet. The other one is a day organised by Octane.ie and has since filled I took my name off the list.