ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new optic headlights

Alrite

Im thinking of buying a new pair of twin optic headlights to replace my standards ones on my 99 clio. Has any1 done this before? There about £60 on cliospares. Also would they be easy to fit? cause i dont want to get raped on labour charges at a garage. :confused:

Any help would be great

cheers

Ill post pics of my car soon

Nike Lunar Elite's

Id like to know how to do this too. Ive been quoted £60 to get the wiring changed but I wana have a go myself and any help would be a bonus.

Audi S3 225

I’ve done the conversion not too hard to do except the re-wiring which I didn’t do, luckily my m8s dad is an electrician and he did it for me in about 20 mins for free. He showed me what he did and it isn’t really that hard.

All that needs doing is the split of the single bulbs wire (single optic lights have one bulb for high and low beam while the double optic has a bulb for each function). Finding out what each wire did was the hardest part just some trail and error till you get it right. Sidelights and indicator wires go straight on no problem.

But you got to make sure you buy the right bulbs for the lights as you cant use the old one; the headlamps from AndySpares only come with the sidelights and indicator bulbs.

The low beam bulb is HB3, and the high beam bulb is H7 (9005), get them from http://www.powerbulbs.comwww.powerbulbs.com, I did and got ultra blue sidelights free with them. BTW they aren’t cheap!

Another thing you will need to change is the motors from the old lights and fit them onto the new lights not hard just clips in and out, this allows you to adjust the height of the beam, make sure that you line up the parts then clip them in otherwise the motor wont be connected properly and the lights wont be able to be adjusted. I found this out and it’s quite tricky.

One more thing that I can think of is you need to put an extra fuse in the fuse box, it goes where there is a picture of a light that looks like its on full beam. This prevents the low beam going out when you turn your full beam on.

Sorry for the long post I hope this helps.

Allan

Cheers mate,

It does sound tricky though, Im gonna enquire n see how much a garage would charge me to change the wiring. Does £60 sound a good price for the lights from cliospares?

cheer