ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New number plates

MG ZR+ 105
Got french style number plates today

I got the GB logo to try and look "less illegal" but they are still in french font not sure if I will get pulled over or not.

I suppose I could just use them as show plates as thats what theyre meant for

Just put the front one on so far because I think it looks good. The back one however is kinda orangey compared to the old one so I've just done one for now

Pics: (I've just realised it isn't straight haha ill go straighten in in a sec)

DSC_00110.jpg

DSC_00111.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

What does everyone think? will I get pulled over?

MG ZR+ 105
Why just not buy the LEGAL press plates?

Paul
didnt wanna send off ID and whatnot

I was actually gonna just use them for meets

if i get pulled over tho ill have the others in the boot and say I just went to a meet and forgot to take them off

this is nothing compared to some cars round here lol

BG 182
OMG what ever next?
first illegal number plates.....then....guns, crack cocaine...HEROIN!!!!.

Dont do drugs and drive for christ's sake!

MG ZR+ 105
lol yes I did they came kinda bent :( and it was the opposite to what it needed to bend so I screwed them in the original holes to make it look ok

and also I live in the ghetto if you don't screw stuff down it wont be there when you wake up :p

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looking good! always fancied a set but wouldnt last a minute round here!

MG ZR+ 105
yer hope I don't get pulled too

I've only got the front one on at the monet as the back one is a slightly different yellow (more noticeable)

I've never been pulled before (touch wood) and I used to have like the loudest exhaust you've ever on it lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mate, not only do you live in bicester, but you live in kings end. I don't question you screwing them in LOL!

A few people around here run them, don't think they bring much trouble!

P.S Colour coding looks much better than before :D

Not for me thanks, pressed plates look naff these days, so 2005 - clean normal ones look better. Sorry.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I ended up screwing mine on before cause the edges kept popping off. Get a touch up pen and colour the white cap in blue

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Smart looking, but beware I got pulled twice and charged the first time

"Navy" N17 TWO
They are nice but it looks like the only mod on the car so they are going to stand-out more, if that makes sense? :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Any excuse to show off :p

Do you get the "tyre wobble" when cornering like that mate?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Hope you know what I meant by that lol - get a lot of it with the Sportlines for some reason :S

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
they look naff with the GB bit should of just had them blank, in a yr and a half not an ounce of trouble for them and ive been pulled by traffic cops who checked the car over