ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new number plate

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ive always liked the idea of 3 quarter number plates, but never bought one because my number plate holes would be on show, which are there from the original plate.

After seeing this thread (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=314594) a few days back, i bought a number plate like that!

here it is:

numberplate.jpg

i really like it! and hopefully it won't get as much fuzz attention that a 3 quarter one might attract :)

Martyn.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
i got it from fancyplates.com.

the size is 520mm X 84mm

(standard width X 3 quarter length height)

£16.44 delivered!

Lotus Elise 111R
I had a similar front one made up for the Elise at Fancyplates, they are brilliant, and will custom make any size for you

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
yeah, they'll do anythin!

It came with a screw fix kit with white and black screw caps AND double sided tape.

Mine only took a day to arrive aswel :)

clio 182
that looks quality mate, i would of like to have tha size instead i went 4 the 3/4 whole size...bugger

fiesta 1.25
I like!im doing same thing 3/4 is just too small.My 450 x 90 should be here sooon :) which is better but still not legal

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The lettering is the same size as a ¾ plate...but fingers crossed it won't attract as much attention.

well done Christopher! :)

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
one of the reasons I got it was because of unwanted attention, but I most probably would of got a 3 quarter one if i didn't have the holes drilled already.

PH2 172
i got it from fancyplates.com.

the size is 520mm X 84mm

(standard width X 3 quarter length height)

£16.44 delivered!

Bumping an old thread, but have they updated their prices, as it works out £31 when I add it to basket with P&P?

Inferno 182
Love it!
Took me about 30 seconds before I went and ordered one myself. Classy, cheap mod - about the only non chavvy thing you can change from standard plates IMHO.
Thanks for the inspiration

CLIO V6 MK2 255
here`s a picture of mine, been on cars of mine for years never stopped by the police. it`s not a hard plastic plate its a sticker made out of the original reflective material, also cuts down on weight.
IMGP0018.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Fancyplates told me they can make the front plate fit the recess and still keep the legal size font :)

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think so, just.

3/4 plates are 84mm in height. I think the standard legal font is 80mm.