ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Number Plate....well chuffed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Golf GTI 1.8T
Bought it monday from DVLA, docs came wednesday, passed MOT thursday, went DVLA local office friday and got it assigned, plates made and fitted today :D

Front

Rear

Looks better from a distance or on not such a great camera phone.

SP_A0539.jpg

SP_A0540.jpg

and from behind I'm now HOT IIM lol

SP_A0538.jpg

p.s. ignore the sport badge, will be off asap :)

looks cool.

but i dont get it... in the right way round rear plate photo there's 2 screws making the C. In the reverse rear photo there arent any screws.

MAGIC! :approve:

SLK 350
1. A sport badge, on a non-sport? GRRRRRRR!
2. You WILL get pulled for that, and if you don't they will do you for it if you ever get pulled for speeding or anything else.

Cheecky try though.

Can't really condone that, I've had a crash in the past where the culprit has driven off and I've struggled to get the numberplate. I'm sure you wouldn't do the same but still plenty of reasons why someone may legitimately need to read it one day.

Golf GTI 1.8T
fair comments peeps, I agree its very cheeky but in my defence I've made it as legal as possible, its got uk standard letter sizing and tbh theres a lot worse out there. pisses me of with the ones that are in stupid fonts etc

as you can see from the first pics the D is still visable if a camera flashed me or something. if I get pulled over and get a £30 fine I'll change the rear one to standard.

ozzyo99 said:
1. A sport badge, on a non-sport? GRRRRRRR!

as said its coming off soon, but being petty my car is still a sport :rasp: lol

fUbAr said:
looks cool.

but i dont get it... in the right way round rear plate photo there's 2 screws making the C. In the reverse rear photo there arent any screws.

MAGIC! :approve:

Magic indeed lol! first pic was when it was first put on, the others were when I got home and got some more sticky fixers for the the dots :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
^^ yeah knowsit!!

if I get pulled I'll change the rear to standard and keep the front modified :D

M1TCH said:
in my defence I've made it as legal as possible
That won't stop them doing you for it tho..lol.

Sorry, I think it looks poo mate. If you had one cap each side (say on the 1) in black, then it would look better I think. Two caps that don't do anything stuck on one side make it look crap. Especially as you haven't fixed it on like that. :(

How about just leaving it normal, then getting your name put underneath ?

Last edited:
  Golf GTI 1.8T
rsshawn said:
That won't stop them doing you for it tho..lol.

Sorry, I think it looks poo mate. If you had one cap each side (say on the 1) in black, then it would look better I think. Two caps that don't do anything stuck on one side make it look crap. Especially as you haven't fixed it on like that. :(

How about just leaving it normal, then getting your name put underneath ?

how about it looks like my name so whats the point?? :S

did ponder over 2 or 1 cap but 2 makes it look more like a C so its staying for now.

Gweebs - Dont think I'll be needing show plate mate, not much else I can do with it, or might just stick some colour tape over the D to make it defo look like a C.

Polo + Micra
yeah didn't look properly earlier and it does look silly tbh

i know i had to modify the spacing on mine to get it to look like something but those caps look poo

take one off at least and maybe stick another one on to match

106 GTi
The two screws look a bit silly, incorrect spacing and the blatent use of two screws rather than one wont go down well. As long as you dont mind buying the plate back again from the DVLA when it gets revoked do it!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
if u think ur car is sporty then its a sport! :p
im gettign a sport badge for my mk1 and i dnt care wat any1 thinks! lol

audi S3
why are there so many sad fookers on this site get a life its only a number plate hers mine were ive moved the 0

Last edited:
  Golf GTI 1.8T
the funny thing is patrick, that people dont actually know there models.

the model is a clio sport, not a renault sport clio like 172/182's etc

but I aint bothered, badge is gone and I didnt like it anyway attracts the wrong attention!

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Your plates spot on mate.so what if its not legal how many people have de-cats are these legal no but people still do it:sleepy: heres mine i ve had similar coments but i think it looks fine;)

Last edited:
  insignia
Patrick_g46 said:
if u think ur car is sporty then its a sport! :p
im gettign a sport badge for my mk1 and i dnt care wat any1 thinks! lol

Ha ha its a good job because people will be laughing at you.

Golf GTI 1.8T
That looks great blunty, I like the border the colour goes well!

and good point theres plenty more out there to be worrying about than f**king number plates, I own it, tax it, MOT and insure it!

I'm no scum so you'd have to be petty and sad to worrying about a bloody plate! christ lol

Da

Less
yeah mate, 50% of my mods aren't legal, LED sidelights, front tints, decat, dodgy number plates, but who cares? lol! Cos I don't! Plates look good mate and solong as your happy (and prepared for any consequences with plod) then f**k what others think! :rasp:

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.