ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New notebook wi fi help please

Clio RS 200
Hi all, Just brought a note book and tried last night to connect via my wireless router. It all goes through fine and finds the router but it come up with limited connectivity so I run a repair and it say cannot find IP address.

I presume thats for the notebook adaptor.

DCi
you defo got the encryption key password thing right? this happened to me and the problem was the password was 'ALL CAPS' so i just put it in like 'all caps' assuming it didn't matter, did the same thing you described.

Clio RS 200
you defo got the encryption key password thing right? this happened to me and the problem was the password was 'ALL CAPS' so i just put it in like 'all caps' assuming it didn't matter, did the same thing you described.
yes mate the encryption key is correct and it actually connect to the router, but say limited connectivity due to wrong ip address.....does my head in.....arrrgggh

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
what OP are you running?
XP or Vista?
first thing that comes to mind is to see if your automatically assigning yourself a new ip address or not, need to go to the network connections, then right click on the wireless network connection and click properties.
should see "internet protocol (TCP/IP)" down on the list somewhere, click on that and hit the properties button, have a look to see whats selected, if "obtain an ip address automatically" isnt selected, select it.

try thattt

Clio RS 200
what OP are you running?
XP or Vista?
first thing that comes to mind is to see if your automatically assigning yourself a new ip address or not, need to go to the network connections, then right click on the wireless network connection and click properties.
should see "internet protocol (TCP/IP)" down on the list somewhere, click on that and hit the properties button, have a look to see whats selected, if "obtain an ip address automatically" isnt selected, select it.

try thattt

Cheers for the advice all sorted now......Ip address as you say wasn't auto selected.