ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MOT

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Is the new MOT all done by computer? What I mean is, whether the computer actually tests the colour of bulbs e.t.c. Mine has just failed on the colour of the front (indicator) bulbs!

I had white LED sides in but the guy swore that it was the indicators that had failed. Looking at the jobsheet, it states:

Nearside front position lamp(s) incorrect colour [1.1.3a]
Offside front position lamp(s) incorrect colour [1.1.3a]

I have replaced both the indicators and the sides with new Halfrauds bulbs for a free retest tomorrow.

Just pisses me off I have to go back all over the colour of a bulb!!

(BTW - it passed with the LED's in last year!!)

Mine passed with white bulbs in he just told me that (they wasnt in when he tested it ) cus in his eyes its pointless to fail on that but some people can just be C.unts
this wasnt done by computers

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
The guy was a right b3ll 3nd too - All mechanics had now left and so couldn't demonstrate the problem... And parts was closed so couldn't just stick new bulbs in there and pass it - luckily, the MOT does not expire until Wednesday! Only cost me £6 to fix, but they are a right tw@t to get to the bulbs!!

nezza said:
The guy was a right b3ll 3nd too - All mechanics had now left and so couldn't demonstrate the problem... And parts was closed so couldn't just stick new bulbs in there and pass it - luckily, the MOT does not expire until Wednesday! Only cost me £6 to fix, but they are a right tw@t to get to the bulbs!!
Hope you get it sorted anyway kidda

cock mobile.
When I had my cup he stuck in Orange bulbs, the silvervisions weren't allowed :S

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
My indicators are orange - the problem is the side lights are LED white, which looks very close to the Xenon colour... The guy behind the desk told me the indicators were wrong, but couldn't explain why!! I have replaced both anyway for about £6 and its going back for a partial retest tonight - fingers crossed! :)

Astra SRi T
so if u have silver visions in , u have to change them bk to the orange ones? because ive got my mot this week

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
IF your taking it to a dealer, I would just put standard ones in - I've learnt my lesson! You can always swap em back when its passed!