ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new mods and my rolling road :)

vw bora
right it started standard and this is whats happened in the first month of me owning it lol :D
* first off to mij performance for a interchangable cat
* then the stealth came and was fitted
* needed abit of induction so i went an brought a bmc cda filter
* ordered a blue induction bend for the filter
* brought a engine cover as it looked abit naff without one
* went for a trip to halfords and returned with alot of paint lol for the cover and calipers
* new cold air feed was brought as the one thats with the bmc is s**t
* and while on ebay i brought some nurburgring stickers cuz i shall be there early next year :D
then it was a case of putting it all together and alot of painting over the weekend decided to do the font diamond while i was at it and the i was off to the power station for the rolling road to see what its like half way through my mods and it pulled 180.9 engine power and 178.4bhp corrected power with 149.4lbf.ft i was quite chuffed off a filter and full exhaust

diamond :
Cup8.jpg

engine bay after the lick of paint:

Enginebay.jpg

calipers :

Cup7.jpg

getting strapped down and the run :

Strappinherdown.jpg

Rollingroad.jpg

next month :
* 8.5mm leads
* performance plugs
* matched inlets
and for crimbo a group n re-map
hoping for around 185-190bhp after all that

vw bora
yeah last sunday got pulled and got made to change them but he said that there computers in the car cant pick them up so if the car was stollen they wont now he was the first nice copper ive met lol

just thought id add the pic i found of it at the exhaust shop with the big boys lol it must of been the slowest car there and its not exactly slow :S lol

Yepienewde-cat.jpg

vw bora
yeah think they have there's around 4 or 5 of them now and when he was talking to me i think he said the yellow gt-r skyline is pushing around 1000bhp he said its insured for £150000, yeah got some pics now so heres the contaversial ph-quick on a cup lol :

Photo-0034_e1.gif

vw bora
nice car mate. where is ur cold air feed piped too ? also is the cda any good ?

cold air feed goes to the front grille op side to the filter i just removed the little bit of placo and the bmc is really good especially with the cold air feed it gives power through the rev range and not just in the odd place here and there like my old pipercross

vw bora
thanks lads, just finishing the bay off this weekend and next weekend gunna clean up the battery tray and a few other things then she'll be mint, dont look bad for 85000m does it

vw bora
ive already got a de-cat, im looking at mij doing me a custom manifold should get around 180-185bhp with a better manifold, then my target is 200bhp after crimbo :D

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Whats an interchangable cat mate, not heard of that before
I'm guessing it's a second joint allowing removal of the cat' matrix but not the whole cat' as it's a nightmare to fit. Very good idea.

It's Bought by the way.

vw bora
yeah its exactly that mate ^, the cat on a 172 is a nightmare to get at and change so to make it easy ive had a new join before it kicks up to the manifold and just after the actual cat it makes very easy removal for the dreaded emmisions test on the mot lol

320d
Ahh thats a good idea, i think i'll get that done if i get a 172. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

vw bora
Ahh thats a good idea, i think i'll get that done if i get a 172. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

mij performance by me charged me £90 an it was done well quick, you might be able to get it cheaper but i now they do a good job so i dont mind paying that bit more

vw bora
Is that the CAF running along near the fuel rail protector ?? :eek:

yeah why is that bad lol ive made room for it and its not touching anything thought it would be quite good as it will heat the air up abit so it wont be always running cold

Ph1
It could be better fella. Air has a fair bit to travel plus its in contrast to the the forward motion of the car with it running parallel

vw bora
It could be better fella. Air has a fair bit to travel plus its in contrast to the the forward motion of the car with it running parallel

its air it shall get there some how lol i didnt wanna mess about too much and every where else was abit hard to get to where do you recon then? might be up for having a change around if it will make some differance

Ph1
Im not sure of the lay out on the ph2's.

Going by other folk most stick it through the bottom grill area.

The less bends and distance in the CAF the better the flow to the IK :)

vw bora
Im not sure of the lay out on the ph2's.

Going by other folk most stick it through the bottom grill area.

The less bends and distance in the CAF the better the flow to the IK :)

well its only got 2 bends at the mo which will be the same as the lower grill plus in the lower grill it has to travell more distance and im really trying to keep the stealth look so i dont want a trumpet in the lower grill giving off that i have a IK, "no show but lots of go" :D

Ph1
Aye but its up stream. Running it horizontal is going in the opposite direction to natural forward facing flow

You could always put the trumpet beind the grill ;)

vw bora
nah gunna keep it there its easy to get to to move as its always apart getting stuff done might change it when its all finished thow but for now it will do just fine for me :approve: