ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member with a 172 cup :)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all!
bought this clio the other day and am already having to sort a few things so thought it will be useful to be registered on here.
img2013050800912.jpg

img2013050800913z.jpg

img2013050800911.jpg

so no doubt you'll hear from me in the near future asking for recommendations tips 'n' tricks while i learn my way around them

​azza

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hey how are you finding it, I can't wait to get one. What are you having to sort out?
Liking it so far, the drive is 100x tighter than my previous c4 vts. It is very drab inside but you know what your getting so no surprise.

had it on the ramps today and one of the front springs has snapped and lost half a coil so replacing all 4. also the outer cv boot clip had slipped off the boot and the grease has made a getaway, boot is still left half on so ill strip it, clean it all out, then regrease and fit a new boot.
so nothing major just annoying that it couldnt be spotted while buying the car and used as a tool to get the price down haha

​azza

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i didnt plan on it but it didnt take long to start faffing about with it :D

1st of the jobs was lowered all round 20mm after discovering i had a snapped front spring.
then the aero wipers came.
then on sunday i entered it into an auto solo of which i won a funky hip flask for a 1st in class and 3rd overall.
and today my s1 172 airbox and light stalk turned up so i cracked on with fitting my spare steering wheel from my race car.
so out with the old
img2013052100936.jpg

and in with the new
img2013052100937.jpg

img2013052100938.jpg

​azza