ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member with 182 in need of TLC

Clio 182
Recently bought an 04 plate 182 having being on the lookout for a fun/track car for some time. Found the 197/200 too peaky for everyday driving so settled on the 182. It was previously owned by a forum member, but that was a few years ago and now needs a lot of TLC, but lots already done in only a few weeks. When it runs, I'm loving the car and it puts a smile on my face every time, despite the cheep tyres currently fitted. Plenty of inspiration/information/advice on here on what I need to do so reading/following lots of threads.

Unfortunately, my learning curve has already been steep, but have found this forum a great resource for finding out how to do lots of things; flip side of French engineering quality is that loads of others have already experienced the same problems and posted fixes and how to guides to help others.

I do have an unusual problem with repeated fouling of the TDC sensor, which I can't find any threads in so will post in the problems section and hope someone can help.

Cheers

Clio 182
Thanks.
Propose to set up a project thread detailing the history I've found to date, it's condition on purchase, my attempts to tidy it up and hopefully modify it for daily/track use.

Just need to get it running properly before I fully commit... :angry:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard! Whereabouts in the country are you?

Loads of people have setup their 1*2s on here as a track car, so you won't be struggling for information or recommendations. I've not tracked mine myself, but the one area that is very common to address first is with brakes - the OEM stuff isn't really up to the job.

The guru of the stopping stuff relating to our Clios on here is George @George@RTR_Parts. If you PM him your requirements, he'll definitely find something to suit your needs.

Clio 182
Thanks.
Masses of info on the site on modifying, with some amazing works of art/engineering being built by members. Only scratched the surface so far, but already have spent hours reading some threads.....