ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member to 172 club

clio 172
hi i'm a new member , bought a 2000 clio 172 bog standard as cheap car to only have for 3 months until i finish break my 2000 audi s3. and i must say i'm well impress with this little machine .

it has a wopping 178000 miles on clock with 3 previous owners , one which drove from england to south of france every other weekend i'm so shock the engine still runs so smooth and goes like a s**t of shovel. it drives so well think i want to keep it only 2 issues i've noticed not sure if its normal the throttle pedal is a bit on the heavy side not sure if its due to nature back pressure of having two cats ? and that the drive sde has a slight clunk of really rough roads , ball joint or track rod ends perhaps ?

and finally does removing the cats really make a big difference of N/A engines i'm been use to turbo cars for the passed 7 years

225 Cup & Williams
Welcome mate, your heavy throttle pedal will most Likely be a worn throttle cable. A new genuine cable will fix it.

pimp mobile Zafira
Welcom mate. Removing the cat will release minimal power gains. It just shows you how good these little cars are with thai sort of mileage. Pics.