ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member - Rear Shocks question

Clio 172
Aftenoon - I am a new member. 172 driver in Nottingham.

There's a lot of discussion on here about rear shock issues on the 172, but does anyone know the part numbers for the genuine Renault parts?

Or alternatively a way of fonding them (I've called the parts desk and they're not keen on giving out the part numbers!)

Many Thanks

I have a couple of old phase 1 rear shocks, they were only on the car for a year and have been stored ever since if they're any good to you?

Welcome to the club btw

Clio 172
Thanks Daveski - it certainly sound like they might be. I'm mid-decision. Renault Parts, or uprated.

And thanks for the welcome.

Yee-Har - i don't have permissions for that page...?

Seat Ibiza
Thanks Daveski - it certainly sound like they might be. I'm mid-decision. Renault Parts, or uprated.

And thanks for the welcome.

If you join up mate you will get to see all the pages and post pics ect.

Plus you will be able to use the massive list of CS discounts!! Well worth it mate!!

If you want brand new genuine there is a Renault dealer on here that gives CS members a discount!!

Sorry - didn't take that into account.

Definitely worth joining. I'd be amazed if you didn't make it back in your first purchase or money saved by following one of the DIY guides. One of life's true "no brainers".

Clio 172
Thing is, I have a mate who works for renault who can get me staff rates, and it's a sizeable discount. But they will only work in part numbers as they don't do returns.... hence my need for part numbers. Might just ring more Renault dealers and see if one will cough up!

350z, Subaru Legacy
I've got a set of standard renault springs kicking about in the loft I believe, I realise that you are looking for shocks however lol.

PH1 172
Thing is, I have a mate who works for renault who can get me staff rates, and it's a sizeable discount. But they will only work in part numbers as they don't do returns.... hence my need for part numbers. Might just ring more Renault dealers and see if one will cough up!

PM user Wests Renault on here