ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member - LY 197 R27

Clio 197 F1 R27
Hi all, just joined and paid membership. Here's my Liquid Yellow 197 R27 no 172/500. I bought it in June and have since done:
Cambelt & water pump
AC pump
Service
Brakes all round (Brembo HC and Ferodo DS2500)
Wheels powder coated
Steering wheel re-trim
Seats re-trim
KTR induction Kit
Milltek cat back and decat
Remap
And a few other maintenance bits.
IMG_3372.JPG

Clio 197 F1 R27
A very good purchase for £250 I'd say! Anymore plans for the car?
Well I've hit it pretty hard since I bought it, about £3k in 3 months! I'm actually still waiting for the seat covers to come back from Capital Seating so I can put the seats back together. They were supposed to be here on Friday
I'd like to add a few carbon fibre touches, thinking about a sprint booster v3, powerflex bushes and Bilstein B14 coilovers next.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well I've hit it pretty hard since I bought it, about £3k in 3 months! I'm actually still waiting for the seat covers to come back from Capital Seating so I can put the seats back together. They were supposed to be here on Friday
I'd like to add a few carbon fibre touches, thinking about a sprint booster v3, powerflex bushes and Bilstein B14 coilovers next.
Sounds like you've got plenty in the pipeline then mate. Get a project thread up. :up:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Plans sound good. I wouldn't recommend a sprint booster though. I've heard about them jamming throttles open and I imagine they ruin the drivability of the car

Clio 197 F1 R27
Plans sound good. I wouldn't recommend a sprint booster though. I've heard about them jamming throttles open and I imagine they ruin the drivability of the car
Yeah I've actually had second thoughts since I posted that! I hadn't driven the car for a while and now I'm back driving it I don't think I'll bother.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I've actually had second thoughts since I posted that! I hadn't driven the car for a while and now I'm back driving it I don't think I'll bother.

I see the appeal with them being shite to drive when driving slowly. But once you're pressing on I really can't see the point in lying to the throttle pedal

Clio 197 F1 R27
I see the appeal with them being shite to drive when driving slowly. But once you're pressing on I really can't see the point in lying to the throttle pedal
To be honest since the remap a couple of months ago it drives spot on all over the rev range anyway. I think I just spent too much time on the internet getting ideas! I'm happy with the way it drives, now just a couple more bits to tidy up on the exterior then I'm done for now

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Welcome to the LY R27 club. :)
Thinks there is 4 or 5 of us now on this forum.

I know that's me, you and knuckles can't think of the others tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk