ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***New Member*** Hi Guys

Hey there,

I did have a ford rs1800 , but i wrote it off the other day :( so i have now purchased a clio 1.8 16v.

What are these like performance wise? I know the one i have brought is running at 140BHP so should be fairly rapid.

Look forward to using this forum :)

hehe, performance wise, go out and drive it and find out ;)

have fun and try not to let the bikering thats going on put you off :D

More rattely and a needs more TLC or it will cost you more than the RS1800 but a lot faster and handles better!

put me off? Never! :)

When i guy who i am buying it from took me out in a test drive in it , i fell in love with it! I think they are great and is just as fast as my RS if not faster to be honest.

Thanks anyways i will get out in it monday when i get it and ill be loving it

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 21 November 2003

More rattely and a needs more TLC or it will cost you more than the RS1800 but a lot faster and handles better!
the only thing that rattled was the pacel shelf as it wasnt the correct one , and the only other thing i could here was the zorst!

I have heard they can cost a fair bit if not looked after but im sure it will be ok

If your RS was standard then it should be a fair bit faster - had 2 RS1800s in my car owning life. Good cars but not Valver pace. The Valver responds to mods better too.

Valver 0-60 7.4

RS1800 0-60 8.3

The Valver will cost more to run - Renault ownership was a culture shock for me!

If your RS was standard then it should be a fair bit faster - had 2 RS1800s in my car owning life. Good cars but not Valver pace.

Valver 0-60 7.4

RS1800 0-60 8.3
whats valver? another name for the clio? It wasnt standard no was pumping out about 138BHP

Thats wrong - I have the Autocar tests against the RS1800 and the Valver stuffed it in every department except build quality.

The Valver was quicker in every part by a decent margin.

RS1800 0-60 8.3secs 0-100 24.2secs 30-70 7.8secs

Clio 16v 0-60 7.4secs 0-100 21.4secs 30-70 7.1secs

I was possibly going to buy my 3rd RS1800 until I decided on the Williams.

good good, im liking the sound of these times!!!!

i know the bloke said he had 136MHP out of it (on private road of course) and that wasnt when it toped out so its faster than the rs top end

Aye Mark - I was surprised when I came on here at first too - you just look at the old book times but the Renaults loosen up and get faster where as the Fords seem to stay the same.

Aye Mark - I was surprised when I came on here at first too - you just look at the old book times but the Renaults loosen up and get faster where as the Fords seem to stay the same then rot and fall apart
:eek:

mate no off topic but i can still take the piss with the best of them;), oh and mark watch out for kdf he has a kinky poking fetish for newbies

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

you should enjoy the 16v mate, luckly mine was a quick one out of the box with 0-60 in 7.3, 100 in 18.6 & 1/4 in 15.6s, all renaults seem to differ so you may have a good one or a not so good one, either way its defo quicker than the ford rs1800 all the way to 130mph.

Enjoy ;)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/aaronchap/car/2.jpg

Yeah, there was a test by Top Gear which got 0-60 in 8.6 for the Valver (the tester must have been a muppet or the car was shagged) and loads of poxy sites rely on this.

Renaults 0-60 is 7.7 and 0-62 is 8.0 (have to change to 3rd to make 62).

Autocars 1991 test on a 16V with 10,000 miles on the clock got a better 0-60 than they did on a Williams! (0-60 in 7.4 for the 16V and 7.7 for the Willy). Of course, the Willy revs lower so you have to take 3rd to make 60 and the whole 0-60 thing is a bit arbitrary - but its good to know!

I used to have a Valver and they are damn sexy, damn fast and damn amazing handlers. I would expect it blow an RS1800 into the weeds in every respect.

Very few people these days seem to know that the Williams ("best hot hatch ever") was basically a special edition of the 16V (OK, so theres more to it than that, but thats the jist). The 16V also has proper rally pedigree and was the homologation car for this monster before the Williams was:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/286000-286999/286766_3_full.jpg

i am getting more and more excited by the day now! i collect it on monday i cant wait!

This one seems to be pretty mint and has had alot of work done to it this year so most things are all new so touch wood should be good !

silver valver/hybrid

ive had a play with a rs1800 cabbie, was quite quick, but he nearly lost it on a few bends, and on the (empty) motorway, we both levelled up side by side, in 4th gear at about 80mph, then floored it, and the valver easily pulled away up to 110.