ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member and soon to be Clio 182 owner!

Citroen Saxo VTR
Hi everyone, looking at getting a Clio 182 around Summer 2014. Been looking on Gumtree and found some nice ones with around 40k mileage engine for about £2,500 so I'm setting that as my saving target. This will be my second car moving from my current Saxo VTR which you can see below. Would appreciate Clio 182 owner's to provide advice on things to look for when buying one of these and any modification ideas to do first. Planning on Tinting rear windows, New Alloys and Lowering it. :)

IMG_2498_zps63d01b33.gif

Renault Clio MK3
Hello mate, welcome to the forum - some good lads/lassies on here that will be happy to help..

Sadly I'm one of the none RS owners, so can't be too much help

Gordini 182!
Welcome! I just bought my first 182 yesterday and I'm loving it lol I'd check the head gasket as mine had gone, luckily the place I bought it from fixed it for me but if you don't know anyone that can fix it for you it could be costly.

Citroen Saxo VTR
That's cool! And yeah hopefully, typically get haters over on SaxP but that's just cause it's flooded with kids!

Citroen Saxo VTR
Yeah that's good advice, always check the head gasket and that anyway, and with a low mileage one it shouldn't be about to go! Glad your having fun, how well does the car pull? Does it throw you back in your seat?

Gordini 182!
Yeah she is great! Puts a huge smile on my face lol the clutch is going to take some getting use to as it's rather heavy but complete normal. Just looking into putting a new exhaust system on so she makes some noise.

Citroen Saxo VTR
Ah that's good! Yeah I know all about exhaust noise as my Saxo has a 5" exhaust on it! haha! Glad they throw you back a bit, Saxo's don't really do that at all which is a shame because they are actually pretty rapid, you just don't feel the speed in it. Can't wait to get one of these!!