ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member and proud owner of a 182 + question??

Renault Clio 2.0 16V
Hey guys,

Based in South of England and just purchased a 182.

Quick question ... I have input the radio code and the time on the display unit. The radio works fine and the clock also but when i turn off the ignition and then restart the ignition the radio needs the code again and the time returns to 00:00. I am guessing something is wrong with memory here?

If anyone knows how to solve this or has experienced this any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Brad

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    953.9 KB · Views: 103

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along mate

Ref the clock resetting, do you mean turning it off/on straight away or when the car has been left say overnight. If overnight could be your battery needs replacing soon

Renault Clio 2.0 16V
Thanks for the reply mate!

Well its literally anytime i turn on and off the electric without even starting the car. As if it just isnt saving any data?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries

It might be not saving the clock etc as it could be the battery draining. I'd check the battery, connections and earth contacts etc

Hopefully be something simple/easy to sort for you

BG Clio 182
Hey guys,

Based in South of England and just purchased a 182.

Quick question ... I have input the radio code and the time on the display unit. The radio works fine and the clock also but when i turn off the ignition and then restart the ignition the radio needs the code again and the time returns to 00:00. I am guessing something is wrong with memory here?

If anyone knows how to solve this or has experienced this any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Brad
I'm pretty damn adamant that the permanent live isn't connected in your radio mate. Very simple fix. All you do is remove the head unit which is piss easy and then swap the red and yellow wires in the loom, ensure they are plugged in first!

Renault Clio 2.0 16V
Cheers mate! Just little tweaks to begin with

Stubby aerial
New number plates
Aftermarket radio
Led numberplate light (already have xenon headlights)

Any other ideas?

Based in southampton mate

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd be surprised if the battery can start a car but not keep enough power to stop the clock resetting. If it's immediate then as someone else suggests it sounds like the permanent live is corroded/shorting.

I can't offer anything useful in how to resolve that though!