ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MBP's Soon.

Monaro VXR
The Apple SSD's are crap though, Pro + Corsair or OCZ SSD would be my choice. Can add it yourself easily. As well as upgrading the memory at the same time.

I so want a 17" MBP now though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. I probably go for the Pro. I presume it would be better for photo editing (probably the most extensive thing I do!)

Miles better. The Air struggles with a big iPhoto library, let alone anything more than that.

Monaro VXR
Miles better. The Air struggles with a big iPhoto library, let alone anything more than that.

So true, it's a case of lets do some thing with these photos and....
sbbod.gif

It's ace. I've already set it as my avatar on another forum. God damn nazi's on here don't allow animated ones.

Store is back up with the old models listed :S

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The price is the same as what I have just paid for the older one, so im assuming all of the prices are staying the same?

Mines a 2.4ghz, 2x2gb RAM.

Will be going in tonight to get a refund and buy this one.

Ok cheers.

Whats the friends and family discount compared to higher education?

I know two guys that work in Apple

Depends. EPP1 is staff discount, they get one of those a year (Technically it's one, depends how much they suck up, some people do loads) and that's a huge discount.

Then you can get the EPP2 (Friends and family), which isn't that great. If you're going to get AppleCare then it's better to get the student discount because you get it so cheap.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Just spoke with Apple, going in later on to get mine all swapped over including my apple care. They have got them in store now, tempted to go for a 17" instead of the 15" but not too sure on how portable it will be

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Depends. EPP1 is staff discount, they get one of those a year (Technically it's one, depends how much they suck up, some people do loads) and that's a huge discount.

Then you can get the EPP2 (Friends and family), which isn't that great. If you're going to get AppleCare then it's better to get the student discount because you get it so cheap.

Thats changing soon, it was a 1 off 40% and a friends and family of 20% on 3 occasions. And 20% for you.

they are just giving a 20% now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But there will be "windowed" offers occasionally. (from what i hear)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just spoke with Apple, going in later on to get mine all swapped over including my apple care. They have got them in store now, tempted to go for a 17" instead of the 15" but not too sure on how portable it will be

Not very.

Sometimes my 15" is a ballache.

How so? I'm thinking about getting one in a couple of months, but I'm put off by 17" being less portable, but also put off by coming from a 24" screen to a 15".

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Chris is very small, smaller than me. Hence the issues. Needs a buggy.

How so? I'm thinking about getting one in a couple of months, but I'm put off by 17" being less portable, but also put off by coming from a 24" screen to a 15".

Go into the kitchen and find a saucer. I know you're northern so probably don't have those but imagine a small plate. Now take that to work with you tomorrow. Put it in the car. Take it to show Doris etc.

Then the next day, do the same with a 14" pizza. See how you get on. (You don't have to cook it, that would be an unfair test)

Two of the guys at work were chatting about the updates just now, and one is determined I should wait till the new one NEXT YEAR!

Humm ok.

Two of the guys at work were chatting about the updates just now, and one is determined I should wait till the new one NEXT YEAR!

Humm ok.

Like said before, if you go on mac rumors they are always saying wait till the next update etc. On that basis you'll never actually buy one as you'll always be waiting on the next new release.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris is very small, smaller than me. Hence the issues. Needs a buggy.

Truedat.

Seriously though, the 17" isn't portable, it'd seriously get on your tits.

Joking aside, my 15" is probably about right, so got for an i7 15"

Monaro VXR
The 17" isn't that massive it's a little over an inch wider than the 15" and 500 grams heavier. Really not that much.

LY 182

Humm ok.

Rofl. That is pure stupidity. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the whole wait for the next one thing in most general terms. However, on the day that the new spec has just been unleashed, that really is completely moronic.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Got mine

The quad core is epic, starts-up instantly. I cant wait to get this thunderbolt thingie on the go!

Ford Focus ST2
got the 2.3GHz Quad Core with anti glare, awesome machine and super quick, next update will be the SSD!! :D

I was looking into this yesterday, and from what I gather if you buy from education store they have 3 years warranty by default. The Apple care only adds telephone support :S. Therefore its not really worth the coin for telephone support as you can just pop into a Genius Bar.

Or have I got it completley wrong?