ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New LY R26 Owner...modding advice :)

R26
Hello all :)

New owner here. My first renault after ford ownership and wondering if there is anyone with knowledge on the R26 megane for getting a bit more power :)

Paul

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
See Paul at rs tuning, stage 1 remap is a good start , mine made 255bhp and 270lbft on this map , itg panel filter worth putting in and also mod the airbox , theres lots more after depending how much you like to spend

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you post in the correct section you'll get a lot more response.

This is for pictures.

LY R26
Depends how far you wsnt to go, iv got airbox mod, itg panel filter, samco intake hose, forge boost pipes and hoses, 90mm intercooler, 3 inch sports cat and catback, forge dv 630cc injectors and andrewjeffs short shifter, currently stage 2 at 280bhp and 304lbft and love it

Ford Focus RS mk1
Depends how far you wsnt to go, iv got airbox mod, itg panel filter, samco intake hose, forge boost pipes and hoses, 90mm intercooler, 3 inch sports cat and catback, forge dv 630cc injectors and andrewjeffs short shifter, currently stage 2 at 280bhp and 304lbft and love it

Sounds good mate :) strikes me that the standard injectors and intercooler need changing at that power level. Coming from a mk1 RS focus it seems the strength of engine components isn't very good? How much of a worry is it for you that you're still running standard rods?

Inferno 225 cup
Sounds good mate :) strikes me that the standard injectors and intercooler need changing at that power level. Coming from a mk1 RS focus it seems the strength of engine components isn't very good? How much of a worry is it for you that you're still running standard rods?

Rods aren't that great, the limit with standard rods is around 300lbft.

Cup In bits
The engines are toffy from the reading I have done, if you want anything more than a little tweek then your looking at major component upgrades.

For those who have one, what like of an improvement is there with the mods David Hodson lists above, I'm guessing its not night and day?

If I bought another (contemplating! Lol) it would be:

ITG induction kit
decent exhaust
stage 1 map

easy 260 odd and £1k spent on worthwhile additions

LY R26
The rods are fine for a little over 300lbft, paul restricts torque at that to keep the flywheel and conrods from letting go, some people have went bang standard some stage 1 some stage 2 some run 340 odd lbft and are fine, its like any mods you choose to run the risk! I have a warranty that I can flaunt as I work for the company that carries out the warranty work so I can tell a few porkies to ensure im covered so not fussed about running standard I ternals to be honest

LY R26
Also my injectors were clogged up and I wanted better ones and also the ic just helps maintain the power as they suffer from heat soak