ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new job... luner grey v6

golf r32 dsg

ive had my luner grey v6 for 3 months and its one awesume machine, the problem is ive been offered a new job which includes doing alot of miles i would get fuel allowances but with todays prices would still cost me a fortune. The pay for the new job is about 5 grand more per year.

these are my options

1. buy a cheap run about for work but with me doing alot of miles monday to friday and possibly satday its going to have to be relible.but then theres the cost of insurance, tax, service, mot.

2. sell my vee which i dont really wana do but i gotta think about the future and this job has very good prospects which my current job dosent.

i dont really wana sell the vee because the looks sound and performace make u smile everytime u get in it n i luv it.

if i did sell i would go back to a 182 or a 172 i luved the 182 but if nothing compared to the vee in my opinion.

whats every1 think?

Clio v6

Not sure if Im allowed to mention the V6 or any other limited model on here, but I would try your best to hang on to the V6. You may regret losing it.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

I know what youre saying about the mileage & petrol costs etc., but I do about 30-40,000 miles a year for my work, and I use my Vee for all of them and the 21p a mile my work pays well and truly covers the petrol costs.

If youre careful with the right pedal, you can even get the economy up to 32mpg. Ive been experimenting to see how much I can get the MPG figure up to the last few days by changing up gears lower down the rev range, and wherever possible missing gears on the way up (I can do 1-3-6 now really easily) and coasting in neutral when the road allows too.

Takes a bit of concentration to do it, but 32mpg is as good a fuel economy as youd expect from most mondeo-type cars! When I drive normally, the economys usually down around 26-27.

On the flip side, I had to do a double take the other day, when I saw a Mondeo parked at the side of the road, P-reg GLX (so gets most of the goodies like A/C etc...) for £500, which doesnt sound anything special until you factor in that it was LPG gas converted.... mmmm.... 43p a litre for LPG or 99p for Super UL..... plus those old mondeos are bloody reliable & comfy... tempting to buy a 2nd car and keep the vee for weekends....!

can you not get another half decent car with amzing fuel economy and drop the v6 insurance to limited milage or sumfing to save a lil money

Mini Cooper S sport

^^ thats a good idea.

When I was in Cornwall, the other couple in the guesthouse had an electric/petrol Toyota which must have been great on fuel. When you go under 30 it switches to electric power, and it was totally silent, it was the weirdest thing.

cock mobile.

17p a mile!?

Maybe, just maybe that covers petrol, but surely not the cost of tyre, servicing, extra business insurance, the depreciation due to milage, etc, etc; which any decent company plan should cover also.

My old job two years ago paid 39p a mile, and I thought that wasnt enough!

tiTTy & SV650

the inland revenue recommended private mileage cost is 40p per mile. u can claim back the difference in a tax return im sure.

the inland revenue recommended private mileage cost is 40p per mile. u can claim back the difference in a tax return im sure.

Rorys right, your allowed a deduction in your tax return for the full 40p per mile. so you may only get 17p from your employer but you can claim the rest back from the IR.

The correct Inland Revenue figers are 0.40 per mile up to 10k and then 0.25 per mile above without incurring any tax.

If you receive less you can then claim the difference back tax wise from the Inland Revenue.

In my view all companies should be paying according to the above. Why should you subsidise the company when conducting company work.

golf r32 dsg

the thing is i havent got no spare cash for anouther car and insurance cos ive just had my kitchen done. also im only 24 as well so my insurance for the vee is still quite hi....

i just dont wana sell grrrrrrrrr

golf r32 dsg

haha deal!!!

ive had a new comp so no pics of it yet mate.

there was some posted on ere not long back!!

u still workin in vic centre?

German Barge

this is new to me...

i drive my clio to work everyday, doing a 42 mile round trip and i dont get any fuel allowance... are you trying to say that i could claim this back from the tax man, or alternatively ask for it from work?

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 10 September 2005

haha deal!!!

ive had a new comp so no pics of it yet mate.

there was some posted on ere not long back!!

u still workin in vic centre?

yup still there mate, cant find the pics you posted either :confused::(

youl be getting £5000 more per year, that will surly buy a car run it and insure it for a year and have some left over, so you can keep ur v6 for other uses

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 11 September 2005
youl be getting £5000 more per year, that will surly buy a car run it and insure it for a year and have some left over, so you can keep ur v6 for other uses

Would have to agree.

5 Grand AND mileage allowance.