ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New hoops on and some beginner photography

Picked up the new wheels on Sunday and got them fitted and gave the car a quick clean. Also trying out my camera for the 1st time, playing with settings. Tips would be helpfull on shutter speeds and exposure. I also need to invest in a tripod :dapprove:

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1148.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

DSCF1118.jpg

DSCF1134.jpg

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks good mate, personally prefer the standard wheels though.

Ocean Terminal?

Looks good mate, personally prefer the standard wheels though.

Ocean Terminal?

Sure is. Nice and quiet on a Tuesday evening.
Standard wheels suit the car yes but just a very dated look now. My standard wheels are also in good condition with good rubber so will keep them if i fancy a change again :approve:

Clio 182
Tidy looking car.

As for photos, when the light levels are low it's difficult to get sharp shots without a tripod. Try increasing the sensitivity (ISO) settings and using a wider aperture (smaller number i.e. f/2.8 is wider than f/8) to let more light in a within a shorter period of time (i.e. faster shutter speed). Depending on how close you are to the car when you focus you may find that using a wider aperture gives you a shallower depth of field (i.e. the background gets more blurred) and visa versa. If you've got optical image stabilisation built into the lens then switch that on too.

When you get a tripod use a long shutter time and then shine a torch (hold it out of shot) over the body to get nice highlights and reflection lines.

Like the fact you've got shots from angle's other than eye level - it's easy to just take shots by holding the camera up to your eye but can make your photos quite same-y (I'm sure that's a word?).