ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here, after something green!

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
Hi,
I joined a while back and have been lurking in the shadows reading threads.

I am looking to purchase an Alien Green 200, I have always wanted one, almost bought one last year but then my daily (Skoda Octavia) died, read 'lunched its camshaft'.

I am currently looking at these three :

- Ktec
ST10 KXX

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

- Brighouse Cars
BD59 FUT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Ren...=item3d83427a4f:g:268AAOSwcTRa1fGV:rk:18:pf:0

- Elliott (extensively modified, don't know if I could cope with how loud the exhaust is). - along with the ktec double the distance from me
KT59 VLG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...m=153375616029&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Any previous owners here? Anybody know any history regarding these 3 cars?

The one at Brighouse Cars with the Anthracite pack seems to have been for sale without moving for almost 9 months, it is also the closest to me being in Dundee...

I come from a background of old golfs, mk1 MX-5s and Lotus's

Cheers,
Innes W

Nil presently.
BD59VLG has been on the market progressively getting cheaper for nearly a year. I can't say I've viewed it myself, but the fact it hasn't been snapped up at that price is enough of an indicator to suggest something is seriously amiss. KTEC are known to charge a premium, however from my past dealings with them they appear pleasant and knowledgeable enough. Good luck in your search!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hum - none of them are all that to be fair -
KTEC are making you pay all but £9k for the colour - like for like the same car in say blue is £7250 at best.
Depends how desperate you are.
I havent seen a decent Alien Green up for sale for about 2 years.

Nil presently.
BD59FUT or KT59VLG ? or both ?

Thanks
Haha, just realise I've mixed the two!
I was referring to BD59FUT, which has now been removed and relisted yet again.

Keep an eye on the market, there have been a few come up in recent months.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Hum - none of them are all that to be fair -
KTEC are making you pay all but £9k for the colour - like for like the same car in say blue is £7250 at best.
Depends how desperate you are.
I havent seen a decent Alien Green up for sale for about 2 years.

there was a lovely one for sale on here just a few weeks ago, sold almost immediately and seller was asking £7250, it was then on ktecs website for £9250 and sold again quickly.

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
Yeh, there was a very nice one for £6500 that got snapped up within 2 days on Autotrader last August.

If the garage in Yorkshire gets back to me about how much service history there is for the car I might go and inspect it, would only loose 1 day and a tank of diesel.

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
BD59FUT - was advertised at Brighouse Cars, West Yorkshire.
Got an email back from them this evening the car has been sold.

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
BD59FUT - was advertised at Brighouse Cars, West Yorkshire.
Got an email back from them this evening the car has been sold.

They keep re-listing that car on ebay, I guess maybe they're hoping it draws more people in.

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5

Collected this yesterday, chuffed.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Great purchase!

Best colour for the 200 [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I sold that car about 2 years ago.