ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new headlights... anything to protect from UV?

Stealth 438'd 182
jus bought some brand new xenon headlights for the 182.. because im sad!

the old ones had started to look pretty shabby and tired so bought some shiny new ones :D

what can I put on the lights to protect them from going like the last set!

Golf GTD Mk7
Too much money hey :S you should have just wet sanded and polished them up. They don't need uv protection, they just get scratched

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. Even something like Zaino Z2. Buy some C4 and you won't have to worry about sun damage or topping them up.

Mine are actually wearing nanolex sealant since they were wet sanded last june.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much where they?

TBH mine took 6 years before they started to look anything but new so i wouldn't bother.

Golf GTD Mk7
They do. They react.

A decent wax or sealant. To be honest nothing better than GTechniq c4.

Really :S, mine have never been protected and they still look fine. Only blemishes are actual scratches or stone chips.

Stealth 438'd 182
I've wet sanded and polished them up.. They look better but there is a few water marks inside the lens and stone chips in them as well as the usual reacting on the top.. All in all I figured new lights.. The driver side was £70 on eBay and the other side was £150.. Renault wanted £230 each! Pretty sure that's without VAT!

Thanks for the advice il look into some C4 for them!

Need my bumper respraying next and it will look better than when it rolled out the factory :D

c3bc8cb6-fd60-f181.jpg

Renault parts are so bloody cheap :( My Audi wing mirrors are £376+VAT... per side! And that's without glass!