ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New header tank

clio 172 phase 2
Im goin to do be doing a coolant flush soon so i thought id change my header tank the same time as it looks rank and discoloured . Ive been quoted from west renault £40 odd quid im wondering is there any cheaper places i can purchase one before i place an order cheers dan

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Just go genuine, i bought an ebay pattern and it didnt fit, plus with genuine you know its up to the job imo

Yeah get the genuine one mate, i got a brand new copy of one off ebay for £10 & the quality was s**t, the plastic was really thin & leaked when i tighted the coolant pipe. Got a genuine from the dealers for about £43 & its been spot on.

I can't comment about fitment because I won't be fitting it until I change my coolant, but this one I've received seems to be of good build quality at first looks, given it a manly knock all over and the plastic looks quite thick. Will compare it with my OEM bottle tomorrow. I know it's just a picture but I avoided the eBay one because it did look a bit poor, and just took a chance on the top ran one.

Euro car parts who seem to be a sister company sell this for £25.00 but carparts4less have most of the same products just as the lowest price possible.

manu8e7e.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 172 phase 2
Cheers for the comments guys , that one on euro does look a bit better than the ebay ones , theres a euro that delivers to my work also so not sure what to do now pay the extra or risk the cheaper option .

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member