ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New head-unit advice

v6
Right, I want to get a new head unit but don't really know what's good at the moment.

I definately want to retain the steering wheel controls and, if possible, the dash display; plus want an aux input on the rear. That will be for an mp3 player so don't need ipod control functions etc. Also would be handy to keep the stock cd changer (alpine i believe) but know idea if you can

I want a better sound, not necessarily louder. Currently have uprated speakers front and rear (the pioneer direct fit ones), and will look to get a small active sub soon (alpine swe-1000 looks promising).

Any advice on where to look and what to buy would be great :)

Car is a ph1 vee btw

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Alpine is a good start tbh mate, very, very good units, pretty much up from £150 see's you with a nice one, its pretty much a case of picking the features you want and going for it, IMO.

v6
That's the problem, there's just too much choice! Need to find an online shop where I can tick boxes for the things i want!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well what do you want? Have you tried posting in MT Audio's trader section on here? He is pretty god damn bang on with this sort of stuff, and would no doubt sort you out for a good price.

alpine have discontinued the stalk AND display leads for their units for the UK market! :(

The only makes that can be integrated with the display are now pioneer units with the p bus in

v6
Well what do you want? Have you tried posting in MT Audio's trader section on here? He is pretty god damn bang on with this sort of stuff, and would no doubt sort you out for a good price.

Display adapter
Stalk adapter
Aux in (rear if poss to hide the wires)
Sub output

That'll do :)

I was talking to Matt about them before, sorted my speakers but never got round to looking into HUs much

alpine have discontinued the stalk AND display leads for their units for the UK market! :(

The only makes that can be integrated with the display are now pioneer units with the p bus in

What models will I be looking at for?

lol

it doesnt matter if he gets an older unit in alpine (unless you mean brands in general) its still the lead ALPINE APF D101RE which he needs which isnt available from alpine UK no more,might find the odd company have some kicking about but most are special order.

in general older sony units and some older blaupunkts are stalk and display compatible

sony require a cd changer port and stalk control on the unit to work

only unit i can see in the current range of pioneer is the DEH P3100UB

basically the part number of the unit must read DEH P****

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Can't you start sourcing them from over seas for us? ;)

Cheers for the info, as ever.

Oh, and Gregg, I've always found pioneer units to be faultless too tbh, my last one I broke the button from over-use* before anything else.

*should read: smashing it annoyed at woman

Can't you start sourcing them from over seas for us? ;)

Cheers for the info, as ever.

its hard enough for me talking to a foreigner normally let alone when it comes to parts.lol

I think i have a tuner list pioneer stalk and display adapter actually-ill have a ganders (much cheaper than the alpine one!)