ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new guy

BMW E36 328i Sport
Hi everyone I'm stuart I signed up here a year ago looking for a 172 cup but ended up not getting one as the insurance was to high. So a year on I rolled my saxo onto its roof at knockhill (first track day) and started looking for a new car. Got myslef a 182 with both cup packs minus the front splitter (ordered a k-tec carbon one) 32k 54plate im happy to say the least.

photo-25.jpg

gutted though as I can't drive it untill the 22nd when my old insurace runs out.

BMW E36 328i Sport
I live up at colinton mains near oxgangs area.

As requested

photo-23.jpg
photo-22.jpg

Think you'll all be glad to see it wasn't a chav wagon.
So far from the little amount of driving the Clio it seems similar for pace but power delivery is totally different.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Knockhill, don't know what the corner is called it's the wee off camber right that takes you up to the chicane. It was pelting it with rain and my inexperience showed the back end slid out and I span onto the grass the front wheel dug in and put it on it's roof.

Does this section have regular meets?

Also being a noob to the Clio scene anyone able to reccomnd an exhaust system I've been looking at the yozzasport,k-tec,piper,miltek,rs 192 systems and I'm finding it hard to work out which one is best.

clio 182
That's really unlucky with the saxo! The clio goin on track?

In regards to exhausts, I run a yozza with decat and its brilliant, very loud but a good quality exhaust!

BMW E36 328i Sport
Yeah just bad luck on crashing but I've ended up with a great Clio :D can't wait to get it on track but only going on if it's dry.

I ran a de-cat race centre section and piper backbox on the saxo and that was very loud so looking for something quoted than that,I'll need to hear the difference between the brands I'm not to big a fan of raspy exhausts.
Looking to get a set of turinis on the car in the next few weeks too

172 turbo & BMW 1m
hi mate i have the k-tec recessed supersport exhaust with de-cat and no middle silencer:) and it sounds amazin

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yozzasport is a good shout, but hard to get one nowadays.

Colinton Mains, know it well, least you have a driveway for the car as the streets are really narrow and can get dinged/ scratched quite easily with passing traffic. My other halves sister stays there.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Can you not get a yozzasport direct from their website?

It's not my drive just borrowed it off my neighbour but my street is quite wide so should be ok, thinking of making a driveway though.

clio 182
im at knockhill on sunday mate, should pop up and here the yozza ;)

it is rather raspy though, not pug sport style though.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Can you not get a yozzasport direct from their website?

It's not my drive just borrowed it off my neighbour but my street is quite wide so should be ok, thinking of making a driveway though.

website is errr well shall we say it humped. I genuinely dont think you will get one as the UK distributor is on here and Iv spoke to him and they are struggling with demand. Also the guy behind Yozzasport is away in Australia, so kinda 'wrapped it'

BMW E36 328i Sport
is it just a hothatch day?

pugsport is waaayy to raspy for my liking so the yozzasport might be a good choice.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Thanks for all the welcomes :D

See what you mean about yozzasport I had a search about and noticed what you were saying. Hope you guys don't mind but can I just ask loads of basic questions in this thread so I don't end up starting loads of new topics all over the forum.

It seems like the standard ecu can be mapped can any place do it? Is there anywhere local that is good?

Will turinis that are et40 fit my car ok?

Will I notice much difference between 195 tyres and 205 ?(my tyres have budget 205s on ATM)

Think that will do me for now lol. I've been searching about trying to find the answers

Monaco
Can't answer question one, but Those Turinis will fit. They are the aftermarket spec offset as opposed to the standard cup spec. I'm sure there are hundreds of photos of clios with them on on here.

And as for tyres. 172 cup+non cup +182 all come with 195 profile as standard, Trophey's come with 205. 195 are a little nicer profile as they dont bulge out the sides as much but there's definately nothing wrong with 205's

Hope this helps.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Thanks mate :y:

Just wanted to be sure when it came to the wheels going to get a set asap because I'm not a big fan of the 182 wheels.

My k-tec carbon splitter arrived today so will get that fitted at the weekend and probs do an oil and filter change to.

BMW E36 328i Sport
fitted my splitter at the weekend and I'm happy how it looks, just 9 more days to wait until I can drive the car:D