ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new guy with questions

clio 192
Hi eveyone good site you got here. I just bought a 2000 172 42000 m for 4 grand. Not bad i think, but being new to a cliosport of any kind i have a few questions:

The foot pedals are extremely stiff, being used to a vw and hire cars i have no idea whether this is normal due to it being sports tuned or whatever.

Also, and this may be me being overly paranoid, the pedals have next to no rubber on them will this fail mot or get me a patronising talk from the fuzz?

It appears to have an uprated blueflame one sided double tail pipe exhaust (loud) is there likely to be much power gained from this? or was it a pointless mod from the previous owner. if so i may consider putting the original 172 exhaust system back coz the noise on the motorway is doing my head in.

any help is appreciated

cheers

M2 Competition
Pedals are normal mate, both those and the clutch will seem very stiff. Its a sports car! Dont worry about them being alloy either, thats normal too, and fine for mots etc.

And yes, put the exhaust back to standard and will sound much better, and look much less chavvy :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pedals don't have any rubber on from new?
Clutch is very stiff.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its a double cat exhaust thats on the clio 172 mate, you may be shocked at how much itll cost you to replace!

Welcome any ways mate!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think the ph1 172 had one of two types of cat, some were double, others weren't.

As for the rest, the clutch is stiff (and I miss the stiff clutch now I no longer have one!), alloy pedals are standard and slippery / dangerous when your feet are wet! and the exhaust adds little / no power, so I'd go for a standard exhaust, or preferable a Prospeed one, as it'll last better.

Welcome :)

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Hi mate, welcome to CS.

Good choice of car, I've had my 2000 ph1 172 for 5 months and love it!! :D

I have a v good condition standard exhaust for you, if you want to drop me a PM... ;)

Cheers, Paul.