ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy needs help - heater and washers

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys and gals,
I picked up my first 172 yesterday and its got a couple of electrical faults.
Firstly the washer jets (windscreen and lights) don't work, checked all fuses pump/ Motor doesn't make any noise is it dead?
Also the heater motor doesn't work, I've read about the resistor packs dying so I disconnected it,bridged terminals 1-5 which should run the fan right? Nothing at all.

I also found this plug under the glovebox.

20130704_194754_zps6dbfb46d.jpg

Is it related? Any ideas anyone?

Cheers!

clio 172 ph2
that hangs down under my glove box too. had the car for 4 years and never needed it lol. no idea what its for

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
So over the weekend I removed the blower motor/loom/resistor and bench tested it and it works fine, same with the washer pumps/motors. I also checked all the relays and as far as I could tell everything was ok so god knows what's up!?

After doing all this checking the car now won't start, whether this is coincidence or not I don't know because before I started fiddling with anything Sunday morning the car would crank but not start. It did start after a while but now won't even turn over :(
Oh and one final thing had the tracking done Saturday afternoon and now I get the ESP and service light randomly come on.
Bloody cars!