ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy, bought crashed 182

S4 Avant
Been hooked on buying a clio 172 for quite a while, but bought a cat c write off 182 back in november. its just in the process of being fixed up, gonna cost 4 grand :/

no one on here would happen to know the guy that crashed it would they? its an inferno orange 182, and looks like the last owner did a lot of shopping on k-tec racing, he's put black alloys on, vallances, milltek exhaust and induction kit.

any help with insurance would be great too... im only 19

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
ah man.. 4k worth of repairs? Suprised it wasnt a rightoff. 182s are selling for 7kish at the mo. Cat c increadibly less. hope you got it it for less than 3k. Why didnt you just get a mint 172. damn.

Insurance at 19. on standard car with clean licence looking at 2k ish.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
you bought are car thats going to cost 4k to fix!!!! bet it won't even be worth 4k afterwards, mad lol.

S4 Avant
id been looking around at 172's but everytime i went to go and view one, they were either too expensive, or they were sold on the day i was going. so saw this one and bought it thinking it wouldnt need that much repair work, cus the damage looked superficial.
turns out it needs a new offside hub, steering rack, subframes bent, new radiator, wishbone, and possibly the strut... and i bought it for 3,750

R35 GTR
oh dear, that's a bad move. almost as nuts as me spending as much as i have on my car.

dude you have been ripped off.:eek:

My advice to you would be do as much of the work you can yourself and get second hand parts.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
ahh man. mate there are people on here with mint ph2 172/ cups for 4.5k-5.5k which have had the expensive cambelt service

i recomend you sell it back.. cut your losses and buy a mint ph 2

S4 Avant
meh... works already started, im stuck with it.

i knew it was a gamble buying a damaged car, hoped it wouldnt cost much to repair, but the gamble didnt pay off.

from the outside it looks like it hasnt been in an accident, the only give away is the crack down the offside wing, the alloy is intact, not even a scratch, god knows how the last guy caused so much damage

R35 GTR

i knew it was a gamble buying a damaged car, hoped it wouldnt cost much to repair, but the gamble didnt pay off.

from the outside it looks like it hasnt been in an accident, the only give away is the crack down the offside wing, the alloy is intact, not even a scratch, god knows how the last guy caused so much damage
easy to swap a wing and alloy over before selling a badly damaged car, very dishonest though.

S4 Avant

easy to swap a wing and alloy over before selling a badly damaged car, very dishonest though.
thats very true, but you could tell from the brake lining on it that he'd been using that alloy for a while, and ive got a mate who does car body work, he checked it out and nothing had been tampered with. all the crumple zones were intact and it looked like a bargain at the time