ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New, Fully Electric Renault 5

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It will probably be a total flop now :ROFLMAO:

I'd like to drive one. If someone can crack making an EV that's genuinely fun to drive (like the very best small hatches), then they could get my money. The obsession with 0-60 times and SUV-looks is ruining most of them currently. Hopefully this one will be different.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If it is close to £22k then it’s very compelling but somehow I can see it being into the 30k region.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's like when Ford first launched the Mustang here, announced it would be priced under 30k and everyone took notice.

They swiftly took the piss, and no-one bought them.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The red trim is absolutely appalling though.

and the massive screen that looks like it was rammed into the dash as an afterthought.

That interior would look so much nicer if they went for a more retro look with genuine clocks and dials.

renault-5-interior-leak-jpg.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
just watched the car wow video and it shows just how little rear leg room there is.

Think it's a car for families with small kids...having small adults sat up front would help too.

We'll be looking for a small ish four door EV in a couple of years, and I just think this would be too small if you're wanting to have adults in the rear. Probably want something Curpa born or Volvo EX30 size (think both are a couple of hundred mm longer)..

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
just watched the car wow video and it shows just how little rear leg room there is.

Think it's a car for families with small kids...having small adults sat up front would help too.

We'll be looking for a small ish four door EV in a couple of years, and I just think this would be too small if you're wanting to have adults in the rear. Probably want something Curpa born or Volvo EX30 size (think both are a couple of hundred mm longer)..
We looked at a DS3 years ago and that was the same with zero rear leg room. It didn't stop them selling loads of the things though.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
50,000 orders already 😯.
Doesn’t surprise me. Everybody else just dicking about making expensive EVs.

I don’t know why car makers just don’t build that 20k 5dr electric car with a 400 mile range, now. They can do it. Instead they just want to drip feed and maximise profits with big heavy lumps.

They’ve got a great brand. I hope it does well for them. Well done Renault.